Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey anyone knows of any good fog light kits and if they are hard to install yourself?

I want to get fog light for my avenger.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i bought mine from discount auto parts. They were cheap halogens, but are warrantied and all i could afford for now. Befor i bought them the dude i know from there took them out and let me try to see how they'd look. gunna try and put them in this weekend, when i do i'll post pics in the pics thread.

I'm going direct to the battery (going through a fuse of course) and putting it on a rocker switch, so i dont have to bother messing with the car's fog light system or anything... my only dilemas are i gotta take out the front bumper and remove a plastic plate where i'm gunna put them.... that, and where to put the switch, i dont wanna cut any of the interior =/ might just put it in the carpet between the driver seat and the center console, that way it's in hands reach, but i'm not messing with any of the interior.

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
I would put the switch in a place that can't be seen without really looking for it. Maybe under the steering column. I would make it look like it was meant to be there. Just mt thoughts, not my car. lol.

·
Registered
565 Posts
if you buy one of the cheaper kits, i would not use the factory wiring, it's often just big enough to meet the power requirements and you'll get corrosion/burn marks on the connectors.

You can find some good ones online.

instead up grade the wiring and use better terminals

also, use a relay.

- Dan M

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am looking for the best there is to use. I tried some of the discount places and they have nothing for the 08 avengers. I will look online.

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Yeah, and be aware that you may need to cut your bumper if you did not have factory fog lights installed. I looked at them this weekend, and there are two seperate bumpers for our cars. One with the cut outs, and one without. So if you are ok in cutting, then go for it. I am not going to bother with it... lol.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I keep looking at the stormtrooper pictures..are there fog lights on that bumper?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I want that kit also... My bumper has the cutout for the fog lights but I think like you said they need to be cut I have to take a close look.... I'll try to post some pics

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Even if you cut, they are going to be funny looking. Look at this...

If you look close under the bottom of the fog light, you will see a slight groove... Now look at this one...

In this one, the groove is gone... I think Dodge used two different bumpers for the Avenger. I am not saying you could not add fog lights to your car, I am just saying it would be hard, and may not look stock, unless you buy the other bumper, which is about $230 from parts.com.

Hope this helps!

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Even if you cut, they are going to be funny looking. Look at this...

If you look close under the bottom of the fog light, you will see a slight groove... Now look at this one...

In this one, the groove is gone... I think Dodge used two different bumpers for the Avenger. I am not saying you could not add fog lights to your car, I am just saying it would be hard, and may not look stock, unless you buy the other bumper, which is about $230 from parts.com.

Hope this helps!
I don't think there's a groove...I will check mine.

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
I don't think there's a groove...I will check mine.
Do you want me to show you where it is? You can see it in those pictures... wait... I will circle it for you...

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Just click on the scale icon at the top right hand side of my post... then click on the I approve, then write a witty comment, and submit it! Lol. ;) Thanks!

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Yeah, that is a cool way to show your support to members that post good stuff! I have actually left you some rep before! You can see who has left you rep, and who left it for in your control panel. That is the top left link on every page you view here. I was actually going to leave you some more rep for manning up, but I have to wait for a certain period of time.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts