Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone one here have that most popular avenger fiberglass hood ( Amerihood DA08AHCLGFHW struts) with struts? I'm wondering if I get that hood or similar will those struts work with that hood? I worried that there would have to be a different method to get the strut knuckle mounted to the hood, I'm hoping it will be just like mounting it to my steel hood.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I have seen some one put struts on their hood and not sure if they had to modify anything just had to find the right strut. I think they used the rear ones from the trunk. Would definitely have to search the forum.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I already have the struts on my God, there's a kit made for this car buy redline or redline tuning. I tried to do it myself before I got them and either the struts weren't powerful enough and then the ones that were the knuckles wouldn't stay on and pwork properly. I'm just wondering how it would work out with a fiberglass hood like the one I mentioned, I plan on getting that hood in the next couple months.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Is the fiber glass hood lighter? I would think it would be. I would also think that it would use the same metal mounts from the OEM hood. Could be speculating though. Do you have link for the hood?

·
Registered
4,406 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea that's the hood. I wasn't worried about the install only worried about transferring my hood struts I added, I'm wondering if that 1"x1/2" strut knuckles, I don't have alot of experience with fiberglass and was thinking that it could be to much off a pressure point at those knuckles

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
From the Redline web site about the struts:
'QuickLIFT systems work with any hood (steel, fiberglass, SMC, carbon fiber etc.)'

1 - 7 of 7 Posts