Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend bought an 08 charger r/t similar to mine about 2 weeks ago, except his doesn't have a navigation system. he instantly regrets it after seeing my nav infotainment system. what should he do? take it to a dodge dealership and have them install the normal one? or buy an aftermarket one? he REALLY REALLY wants the new pioneer avic-z2. however, it appears that it wont fit!!! possible to make it fit (if he's right about it not fitting)

·
Registered
542 Posts
im pretty sure the z2 is just a newer version of the navi double din, it might fit, the only thing you have to watch for is how the screen motors out, some double dins done work in the dash cuz they will rub, i know the kenwoods work in the car, and they make a double din with navi that looks pretty good, aslo with the pioneer you cant get around the system that wont let you watch the movies while the car is in motion but with the kenwood you can get around it, the kenwood only uses a break wire where all the pioneer stuff uses some kind of g-force analyzer or gps i forget which one it is but theres really no way to get around it

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
really? i didn't know that. i thought all were able to be unrestricted so the kenwood DNX7100 has bluetooth, backup camera, GPS, can play dvd's, iPod connect, etc...does it have a built in hard drive like the pioneer? not too important because i have an iPod.

is there any other company that is good, that has a nav with a big screen (important that its big, no less than 6.5 and i don't think bigger than 7 will fit), bluetooth, iPod connect, (Hard Drive would be nice), backup cam, GPS (and voice control would be nice).

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
and i like how, with the push of a button, u can change the theme of the avic-d3, and then it automatically changes its LED's to match. however, it doesn't have a backup cam does it?

·
Registered
542 Posts
i know eclipse makes a piece but i know for a fact that the kenwood double din piece fits and has no problem, it also has a nice size screen, also i like the way the look of it, it has alot of eq options too if he is looking into upgrading his sound system down the line, i dont think alpine relaly has anything, i know clarion was suppost to come out with an all in one piece but im not really sure, you best bet woudl be to go to a car audio store around you, i dont relaly recomment best buys or circuit city, i really arent fond of them, try to find a smaller place that is just a car audio and security place, theres options out there you just gotta look into them more, especialy this time of year cuz all the new models will come out soon

·
Registered
542 Posts
im not really sure, i woudl think there woudl be a way to add one though, i havent really messed with the pioneer stuff too much, we mostly sold clarion and kenwood stuff

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
are clarion and kenwood good brands? ive heard good about kenwood but what about clarion?

he will be upgrading his audio system, however, it won't be for a while. basically this is what he wants:
must haves:
1) bluetooth
2) GPS
3) backup camera
4) plays dvd's
5) big (touch) screen

would be nice to haves:
1) hard drive built in
2) voice control

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Pioneer, Clarion, and Kenwood all are top brands. They all also have low end and high end stuff.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Pioneer, Clarion, and Kenwood all are top brands. They all also have low end and high end stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts