Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I've had my airbag light on for about a month or two now and I can't figure out how to get the damn thing to go off. I found a forum that had a lot of people saying that tying the connectors together on the bottom of the seat with zip ties worked for them. I tried that, light is still on. It's definitely a connection issue since the light goes on and off continuously but I'm not sure why the zip ties didn't work. I did it on both the driver and passenger side. I don't know if i did it wrong maybe? No one posted a picture of what it should look like, so if someone could please post a picture of how these connectors should look to get the pos to turn off for good, that would incredibly helpful. My car is an 09.

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
The airbag light will NOT go off once illuminated by a fault. There are MANY reasons it can be triggered, You need to have it scanned with an advanced scan tool that can read body codes(not just OBD 11) to locate the reason, There is an open recall for one possibility, but they have YET to start the fix for it. Once trouble if fixed the SRS module can be reset by such a scan tool as mentioned.
Welcome to the Forumz!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts