Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just kinda venting

So at 130k miles quite a few bolts in the 2013 SE are fragile. The front weighted bolt on the lateral frame to the engine mount snapped in half at 20 ft lbs. Cylinder 1 spark plug coil screw broke the brass fitting loose from the head cover at like 2 ft lbs. 3 exhaust manifold bolts sheered off at the head. An intake manifold bolt sheered off. The wheel speed sensor bracket on the strut stripped the threads on the strut plate completely off the first time it was unscrewed. I have a feeling my car was way over torqued from the factory cuz I've had an insanely difficult time getting bolts loose that are supposed to be torqued at 30-40 ft lbs. That's After soaking a day in penetrating oil because I like to spray all the bolts I will be removing if I did not install them myself. I've hurt myself several times getting severely over tightened bolts loose. Almost shattered my windshield with a breaker bar trying to get the mounting plate off the transaxle bell housing. Had to put my entire body weight behind all three of the top bolts and I am a 6'4" burly dude. I've worked on old cars before but this is something else. I'm gonna be sore as hell tomorrow. But I've torqued everything back to spec and she feels a lot better when driving. A lot less cabin noise now too since my bushings aren't totally smashed.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Wow, you're not having fun:) Good to hear that it feels better driving.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Dam dude you must be strong as heck to be breaking all of those bolts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts