Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had problems with their antenna or signal breaking up? Ours went out 2 months ago, just one day was working then got inthe car to go home from work and fuzz, got that fixed, said something broke off antenna connection on roof under the headliner. I would understand if I had modified the stereo which I usually have done by now but havnt touched this car yet. One month later it is starting to fade again, radio stations are going ot again.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I haven't had an issue other than the usual Sirius deadspots in my area, but I had those before with my other cars as well..

·
Registered
36 Posts
I noticed that some days the radio signal is really weak and other days it is much clearer and crisper. I haven't touched the stock radio or stereo equipment....yet.

·
Registered
37 Posts
what type of radio did yours come with? Mine came with the 6 disc changer and reception was okay at best but when I swapped it out for the mygig, it is fantastic now. Just my $.02

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
My radio wrks fine i got the sirius radio as well and have had no problems at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My radio reception just went out the other day. I took it to the dealer and they told me it was because of my window tint. I asked them how that was possible when I had the windows tinted over a year ago and the reception has been great until now. They didn't have an answer. All they will say is Dodge put a bulletin out on the Avengers regarding window tint and radio reception. I don't know what to do next.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
My radio reception just went out the other day. I took it to the dealer and they told me it was because of my window tint. I asked them how that was possible when I had the windows tinted over a year ago and the reception has been great until now. They didn't have an answer. All they will say is Dodge put a bulletin out on the Avengers regarding window tint and radio reception. I don't know what to do next.
Window tint is the cause what a joke :shakehead: didn't they say the same thing when tyre pressure sensors started playing up,
also I have a MyGig and mine reception is just fine

·
Registered
282 Posts
what did the tint cost, I'm not sure if out antenna is embedded in the glass, but if it is they may need to replace the window anyway. the obvious move to me is to remove the window tint they say is interfering and prove them wrong. worst case is they are right and you have to make a decision if you prefer tint or fm.

If your good get them to sign something saying that they will cover the cost of re-tinting if removal doesn't solve the issue, will be a good test how sure they are of the line they are feeding you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts