Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To anyone who can help, I am in need desperately after my car is not working properly.

I recently needed to change the battery to my key fob and while I was changing it outside of my car I needed to get something from inside the car. Little did I realize that I had dropped it after I had shut the pieces of the fob. When I opened it manually with the key fob to get in and the theft alarm went off. since I couldn't get the pieces together in time I tried turning on the car by putting it into the ignition which would automatically shut it off after 2 seconds. After trying to get the panic alarm to shut off it went silent and I put the key into the ignition and tried to start it again but it turned off again. Then I tried to start the car by the wireless remote starter and it worked. Little did I know it was a one time fix. After going to get some food and coming back to the car to try and start it with the key it no longer wants to stay on and run unless I use the wireless remote starter. I noticed also that there is a red circular light flashing near the bottom of the dash and every time I try to start it I see it and after it turns off it goes away. When I turn it to on but not fully starting the car and after all the other lights go away that is the only light that stays flashing. Now after my battery died a week ago it was due for one and since the remote starter takes a lot of the power it killed the battery again. luckily ill be able to et the battery but is there any way to get the anti-theft system to stop shutting off the car?

Car model: 2011 Dodge Avenger
Wireless Remote Starter Model: Viper

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
That's hard to say with aftermarket equipment. you might have to go to the people that installed the Viper system(or deal with that product) to check it out for you. There may be a conflict between the remote start and anti theft systems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts