Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008, 3.5 v6.

It is leaking (dumping, more like it) antifreeze.

The source can be seen from the drive side, peaking in between the rear of the engine and the firewall.

Ideas on what the source could be?

·
Premium Member
6,878 Posts
Source?... the cooling system...
Seriously, nobody can tell you sight unseen. Could be a heater hose, heater core, head gasket or water pump and it's seals. Time for a shop to take a look at it BEFORE harm is done!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn't know if there was enough knowledge on this forum to know what items back there might cause such a problem or if there was a common issue.

So the heater core and water pump are on the rear of the engine near the firewall?

There is no oil in the coolant.

I guess another good question would be does someone have a diagram of the back of the engine? Or a link to some manuals?

Haven't looked at the car to much. Just enough to see the fluid gushing out the back where I said. I will however not be taking it to a shop. The work will be done here. It isn't drive-able in this condition, I am aware of that.

·
Premium Member
6,878 Posts
Well as far as knowledge here, there is a lot of that. But usual process for good responses to such inquiries means a little more info than such a general description given. The HVAC box drain(holds the heater core) drains out the drivers side bottom and can "track" thru the area you describe. The same can be said of heater hoses leaking and spraying to that general area also.
IF you plan on working on it at home, it is then time to look a little more than from general observation of the puddle location on the ground. Yes it can be a bit of a tight fit for working room between motor and firewall. Good Luck!
And NO there have not been any numerous postings of others complaining of your car's problem with the 3.5 motor, unlike the 2.4 motor owners with thermostat housing leakage complaints.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts