Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Avenger SXT 3.6L
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anybody has tried using Amsoil in your car. I recently became an Amsoil dealer because I found out that Mobil 1 has been lying about their oil. I used to use Amsoil several years ago, then switched to Mobil 1 when it was actually a true synthetic. I could buy the Mobil 1 oil locally for a little less than Amsoil. Without knowing, they changed their formula and are using petroleum base stocks with a synthetic additive package. Their products and advertising still say, "Full Synthetic" here in the USA. From what I have read on the 'Net, they can't get away with that in Europe. Now, that's just what I've read on the 'Net.

Anyway, I decided to become an Amsoil dealer, hoping to sell just enough to friends and neighbors to either completely or partially pay for the products I use. I don't want to start any heated conversations about which oil is best. Whatever you use is what you think best. I'm just curious to know if anybody is using Amsoil and if so, are you having any problems?

I've already purchased the 5W-20 motor oil, an Amsoil oil filter, 2 gallons of synthetic trans fluid, and 3 gallons of 50/50 mixed antifreeze. I'm going to have my mechanic do a complete service to include servicing the coolant system and trans. With 120,000 miles on the car, it won't hurt to have everything freshened up. I'd be interested in reading what results anybody else has had with Amsoil products.

·
Hey y'all, watch this!
536 Posts
You would have to become a supporting vendor in order to sell here (commercial sales).

·
Registered
2013 Avenger SXT 3.6L
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You would have to become a supporting vendor in order to sell here (commercial sales).
I think maybe I mislead you. I'm not at all interested in selling anything on here. I'm simply asking if others have used Amsoil products, especially the motor oil, and what experiences they have had. I hope I didn't cross any lines with my post. That was not my intention at all. No sale here. Just looking for info.

·
Registered
2013 Avenger SXT 3.6L
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like I might be the first to try all Amsoil products in an Avenger. At least, on here anyway. I haven't scheduled the service yet and I do have a complete detail scheduled for June 4th. It'll be a week or two after that before I get it serviced. I'll try and keep you updated on how it goes.

·
Premium Member
6,938 Posts
There has been members here that have used the products, and one became a dealer for the brand. Can't remember his forum name right off and don't recall any recent postings by him. BUT yes the brand IS good ...just quite expensive on initial purchase to use compared to normal lubricant sources.
Enjoy your Avenger and DO keep us posted of your experiences together! :)

·
Registered
2013 Avenger SXT 3.6L
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will do. I'm going to be extremely critical of the fuel mileage I get after converting the car to all Amsoil products.

Yes, it is a bit more expensive up front. They do have lower priced products that are much better than a whole lot of other brands. I went with the top of the line oils and filters. I change my oil once a year. I have used extended drain interval oil since way back. When I was a preferred customer with Amsoil years ago, I sent a sample of my oil in for testing after running it 20,000 miles. The result was that the oil was still good enough to have run many more miles. Since I have to depend on my mechanic to do all my servicing now, it pays to have it done only once a year. His labor is the same whether he installs a 3,000 mile oil, or a 25,000 mile oil. I can pay him 3 or 4 times a year, or once a year. Seems like a no-brainer to me. LOL!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm wondering if anybody has tried using Amsoil in your car. I recently became an Amsoil dealer because I found out that Mobil 1 has been lying about their oil. I used to use Amsoil several years ago, then switched to Mobil 1 when it was actually a true synthetic. I could buy the Mobil 1 oil locally for a little less than Amsoil. Without knowing, they changed their formula and are using petroleum base stocks with a synthetic additive package. Their products and advertising still say, "Full Synthetic" here in the USA. From what I have read on the 'Net, they can't get away with that in Europe. Now, that's just what I've read on the 'Net.

Anyway, I decided to become an Amsoil dealer, hoping to sell just enough to friends and neighbors to either completely or partially pay for the products I use. I don't want to start any heated conversations about which oil is best. Whatever you use is what you think best. I'm just curious to know if anybody is using Amsoil and if so, are you having any problems?

I've already purchased the 5W-20 motor oil, an Amsoil oil filter, 2 gallons of synthetic trans fluid, and 3 gallons of 50/50 mixed antifreeze. I'm going to have my mechanic do a complete service to include servicing the coolant system and trans. With 120,000 miles on the car, it won't hurt to have everything freshened up. I'd be interested in reading what results anybody else has had with Amsoil products.
I am using them and also a dealer. As the previous reply noted. As for results I started off with the OE5W20 and ran it for 9000miles. Sent a sample to an INDEPENDENT lab and the said I could have easily gone another 2K. Im currently running the XL and have passed 9k looking to go 12. The only other product I use is the Pi Fuel treatment...right around 3-4% improvement in fuel economy..
Anecdotally I have a farmer commercial user who uses the Diesel Motor Oil in a Dodge Ram Truck and a Russian tractor and is very happy with the products
Basically the products perform as advertised.

·
Registered
2013 Avenger SXT 3.6L
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I'm having to switch from 5W-30 to 5W-20. I'm old school. I just have a real hard time putting a 20 weight oil in a car motor and running it. I know it's what is recommended, but old habits die hard. So I have the Signature Series 5W-20, a new Amsoil oil filter, 2 gallons of pure synthetic auto trans fluid, and 2 gallons of 50/50 antifreeze mix. I'm going to have my mechanic do a full serivce on the trans and on the cooling system. I also have the PI treatment and I use the Upper Cylinder Lube every 2 or 3 tankfuls. With just the PI and UCL, I'm seeing 2 full MPG increase in mileage on the road, and maybe 1 MPG around town. What the actual figure is depends on how much of each type of driving we've done. I'll be sure and post up some observations after I have had the full service done on it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yeah, I'm having to switch from 5W-30 to 5W-20. I'm old school. I just have a real hard time putting a 20 weight oil in a car motor and running it. I know it's what is recommended, but old habits die hard. So I have the Signature Series 5W-20, a new Amsoil oil filter, 2 gallons of pure synthetic auto trans fluid, and 2 gallons of 50/50 antifreeze mix. I'm going to have my mechanic do a full serivce on the trans and on the cooling system. I also have the PI treatment and I use the Upper Cylinder Lube every 2 or 3 tankfuls. With just the PI and UCL, I'm seeing 2 full MPG increase in mileage on the road, and maybe 1 MPG around town. What the actual figure is depends on how much of each type of driving we've done. I'll be sure and post up some observations after I have had the full service done on it.
Yeah that's about what I'm getting on the Pi also.
I've got a sample of excel that I ran for 12000 miles but I haven't sent it off to get analyzed yet.
I use BlackRock testing they don't make you pay ahead of time for the test kits and they're completely independent

·
Registered
2013 Avenger SXT 3.6L
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd be interested in the results of the tests on that sample.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts