Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the stage 1 for an R/T? I'm curious to see what the fuel economy improvements were over stock.

I'm getting 23-24 mpg in my stock R/T now.

a 5-10% increase would be sweet! That would be 24.1-25.2 for 5% increase and 25.3 - 26.4 for 10% increase.

For that matter, what about stage 2 in R/T?

- Dan M

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Sorry for getting to your post so late. First, the Stage1 is a very good chip for cars without a lot of mods, it does remap the fuel sensor. Remember these Avengers are fly by wire and when you hit the gas the computer responds with dumping the correct amount of gas into the TB. What the performance chips due is makes the computer respond faster, and makes the shifting points respond smoother. Ok, now back to your question, I have tooken a ride in an SXT 2.7L V6 Avenger and the person that own the car states he has seen only a small increase of around 3%. I would think he would get better than 3%. I am waiting for an upgrade to my computer in my R/T due to my hard 2nd to 1st down shifts.
If you are willing to do the mods (CAI and custom cat back for Stage2 with 180degree therm.) the either Jet chip is a real pluse. I'm thinking within a few yrs there will be a performance programer for our R/T's. Then we will see what these R/T's can really do, and get better MPG.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm curious about the Stage 2 for the R/T but that won't come anytime soon. I don't want to run premium gas in my daily driver - 50 miles each day.

I am interested in the Stage 1, it seems to be a good fit for a daily driver. the added HP and torque would be nice bonuses but I'm more interested in the fuel economy improvements.

- Dan M

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I'm curious about the Stage 2 for the R/T but that won't come anytime soon. I don't want to run premium gas in my daily driver - 50 miles each day.

I am interested in the Stage 1, it seems to be a good fit for a daily driver. the added HP and torque would be nice bonuses but I'm more interested in the fuel economy improvements.

- Dan M

I agree, I need to maximize my fuel economy as well. So glad I didn't buy that ugly toyota prius! lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
thng about the stage 2 u need a 180 deg thermo and they dont make one yet so i dont get how they have these numbers for it and how they programed it

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
thng about the stage 2 u need a 180 deg thermo and they dont make one yet so i dont get how they have these numbers for it and how they programed it
the rt already has a 180° Therm. and there is an aftermarket thermostat out there that can modified to work. I did it back in 07 before finding out the rt already had a 180 in it.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Technically it is a 180 therm, however its programmed to start cooling down at 195-200 degrees, so when and if the diablo tuner ever comes out, it's somewhat hard to change the temp. values as of right now without swapping it out :)

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
i did find a universal well 2 one was 160 other was 180 but ... thing is universal so i dought it would work
read my post over again. I said there was an aftermark one that works. I was one of the very first people to start modifying an rt (even the motor) back in 07. I do not post things just to start BS. The thermostat used in the rt is 180°.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Regandon i know they changed a few things from early productions like the oil filter thred size. I have the first production thred size in mine (early run build car). did they do a later change on the thermo or was it always the 180? I am looking at stage 2 seen as i have the air intake and exaust done. I know it is a 180 now but was it a 180 in the first 2008 run R/T cars?

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Regandon i know they changed a few things from early productions like the oil filter thred size. I have the first production thred size in mine (early run build car). did they do a later change on the thermo or was it always the 180? I am looking at stage 2 seen as i have the air intake and exaust done. I know it is a 180 now but was it a 180 in the first 2008 run R/T cars?
I bought my rt in 07 also. When I first installed the stage2 I thought I needed the 180° thermostat. I found info. on another site to an aftermarket one that only needed a notch cut out to work. It did work perfectly. Then I found out that the rt came with a 180° already in it. I then bought an oem from the dealer and did some testing. The original thermostat worked with no overheating problems.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
No other problems? was it worth the money? right now i am at 0-73 mph in same time as dodge has posted for 0-60 mph for the R/T

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
No other problems? was it worth the money? right now i am at 0-73 mph in same time as dodge has posted for 0-60 mph for the R/T
If you want noticeable performance gains than chip is not the way to go. As for mpg gains, I did not see anything over a 1 mpg gain. As for having any major problems, there was none.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts