Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever used this software? It's a pc program that let's you modify certain stuff like how many times the flasher flashes when tapped or disable drl or enable reverse cam on the radio and lots more.
My question is I saw it has a spot to modify headlights like the voltage or other, I wanted to know if this would be a good idea to have when using led/hid on out cars/make maybe instead of going through all the nonsense of adding extra stuff to make them work flawlessly you could use this program and just change the headlight value or maybe even turn off headlight errors. I'm interested in this program mainly to enable the reverse camera(cheaper then doing at dealer, program is like 50$) drls are already disable during daytime when I got it. And was going to do the fogs on with highbeam which I had wired up my self on a pervious car and comes in handy living in the deep sticks!

·
Hey y'all, watch this!
525 Posts
I bought it & an adapter to hook to the OBD port & have licenses for my Challenger & 2500 Ram. You can get into all kinds of stuff & change it but you can also change things that you have no business getting into if you're not careful. It will also help you diagnose issues and depending on the database they have some quick change items so you don't have to drill down to find how to change them. I used it to turn on the DRLs in my 2500 since the dealership said they could not figure out how to do it. I've not spent a lot of time poking around with it but I've got around $90 for the adapter & the two licenses.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea that's another reason I want to get it to further diagnose problems that a codes just doesnt narrow it down enough, I always do all maintenance and repair my self. Seems like that things loaded with stuff. I didnt like having to have up to 3 different things just to get LEDs to work, I did order the diode dynamics harness becuase it seems that that's the only harness allowing LEDs to work without problem, before that the led company had me attach 3 different harnesses together for each bulb which is insane and guess what it still didnt fix it lol and even if it did that's just alot more stuff to worrying about when something fails so I thought going with that program would be best and plus the other stuff I need in it to is well worth it!

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
I have it too, bought it as was cheaper than an activation dongle for reversing camera but does loads more, from little things like activating daytime lights for when I drive in the EU to setting the delay on the wipers, well worth the price

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll be activating the reverse camera tomorrow when I finish the install. Do you all know how to make it so the fogs come on with high beams not just stay on? And the main question how do I get it to stop the headlight flashing with led headlights? I messed around with a few settings but never got it to work with what I did.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
not sure you can set fogs to turn on with headlights, I can't find a setting.

I would guess that the LED issue is a volyage setting, but thats just a guess, I dont have any to try.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I'll be activating the reverse camera tomorrow when I finish the install. Do you all know how to make it so the fogs come on with high beams not just stay on? And the main question how do I get it to stop the headlight flashing with led headlights? I messed around with a few settings but never got it to work with what I did.
You'll have to get the anti flicker modules from Diode Dynamics to solve your headlight issue:

https://www.diodedynamics.com/accessories/canbus-anti-flicker-modules.html

·
Hey y'all, watch this!
525 Posts
Do you all know how to make it so the fogs come on with high beams not just stay on?
I'm not sure there's a setting for them to just come on with the high beams. I've seen one that will keep them on when you turn the high beams on but not sure if that was a quick setting or if I saw it poking around the software. Also not all options are available for all models, some have more than others.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok thanks. Yea I got the diode dynamics for low beams but I thought I remember reading somewhere that you can make your car accept any lights you add with this program. I saw that you can enable hid with it but I tried it to see if it would work but it didnt or didn't save it to the system at least. There has to be a way to get the system to not read an out bulb and problem solved, I just dont want to have to add all this extra stuff just to use LEDs when you could go right to the source and deactivate system check for external bulbs. I asked appcar to see if theres a way they know so if they reply I'll post or if I find anymore info

·
Hey y'all, watch this!
525 Posts
I've seen the LED option for my 2500 but I don't think it's there for my Challenger (which has LEDs anyway). That's why I said depending on year/model the option may not be available.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did the reverse camera, all I did was buy the pac harness off amazon for 20 and a license plate bar camera that has a rca line wired it threw license plate light hole and snacked it up to the drivers tail light then wired the power line to the reverse light and fed it up to the radio and plugged it in to the new harness which was plug an play but you have to have a female to female rca adapter to connect them. I then got on the appcar program enabled the reverse camera and tested it and worked perfectly.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I still havent figured out how to get headlamps to run straight LEDs. In the settings I saw that there is a enable hid low beams and enable bi-Xerox which is to have hid for high and low beams. Those should work with LEDs but it didnt do anything so I would if it would work fine with hid when those are enabled. Theres this setting called exterior lighting loadshed and drl loadshed which are both enabled, I wonder if thats what detects the load and causes this problem, I dont want to mess with something I dont know about and I couldnt find anything searching it. I know one of these settings In the program has to have something where you can just disable and it stops detecting exterior lighting errors.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think turning on the hid and bi-xenen worked, I still have the harness on the low beams but the high beams stopped flashing, I thing when I hooked it back up and cleared the pending codes for the headlights it fixed it and hasnt flashed for 2 days now. So I'm going to take off the harness for low beams and see if they do it.

For those that have did LEDs for flashers where did you all mount the resistors, I have some switch backs I pulled out of my totalled car and wanted to use them on this.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Definitely buy app diagFCA I have recently bought it and find it's fantastic, just remember one rule though, that is if your not sure what a setting does then don't change it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts