Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 Avenger, 2.4l

What would cause the car to crank but not fire (as if its getting no fuel) until I pull the ASD relay, keep it out for a few seconds, and put the relay back in? Then it starts up fine and runs like nothing ever happened..... ? Repeats this every time I turn the car off. I replaced the relay today, same result 馃槱

Registered
There could be a bad connector on the bottom of the TIPM. Could be a burnt or corroded connector. Does the ASD relay keep clicking when you try to start the car? Did you do an OBD scan for codes?

Registered
Sounds good, good luck!

Registered
Don't you just love when that happens:)

Reactions: Technologic80

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Update: Acting up again, except this time, removing the relay, and re-inserting it does not work. It just cranks and cranks but never starts. You can hear the fuel pump prime up.

Disassembled the relay connectors at the bottom of the relay box, clean - no broken wires or corrosion. Cleaned the grounds at the strut tower, inspected the battery (PITA), all clean - no corrosion.
Swapped in a used known good TIPM, same. Replaced the Throttle Body because there were 2 codes stored -Throttle body blade stuck/couldnt move, and some other throttle body code. No change, still wont start.
This one has me stumped!!

EDIT: Replaced the TIPM, all fixed. For the record, for my 2014 with 147k miles, its on its THIRD Tipm now. What a joke. This time it burned out all the relays somehow. Which explains the ASD relay issue I was having.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts