Audiosystem upgrade oem-style

Discussion in 'Custom Interior Modifications - Audio / Video' started by itkonen, Aug 6, 2017.

1. itkonen

itkonen New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I changed all components of audiosystem but wanted to keep it as oem as possible.

Head unit:

From rer to rhw, this operation required wire set to new mirror also and dual microphone mirror.

Amplifier:

I had no oem amp so installed Match pp86dsp to oem location. URC3 remote and usb connection to make adjustments with pc found place in middle console

Rear speakers were updated to Morel Tempo Ultra Integra 692 that work either full range or just bass depending of setup choosed from URC3.

Front speakers:

To doors I installed Alpine type-X midwoofers and to dash I put BLAM fs80 wide range speakers. To have better sound, I made hole to grill and covered it with grill cloth. Cloth was dyed to match original color.

Grill cloth and buttons in middle console are only visible changes and system does not take space at all from trunk.

What kind of systems others have built?

2. 5rebel9

5rebel9 Active Member Site Supporter Level 1 Military

Media:
    Albums:
    You have made an AMAZING transformation to your Avenger! And as you say,"still has the O.E. look" to it. Nicely done work to a not very common car in Finland!

3. itkonen

itkonen New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks :) audio upgrade is now complete, there are still some interior and exterior mods waiting to be done. And of course should finish sound deadening by putting dynamat trunk and floor.

And I got 18" mopar oem wheels for 130$, that set is waiting for next summer, just have to polish and paint them to be like I want them to be. I think they were quite affordable since they were in very good condition.

For winter I got another matching set of same 17" oem wheels that I have now for summer. That set was also a bargain, cost me 150$ including working tpms and they were allmost as good as new. :)

4. FinnAvenger

FinnAvenger Member

Media:
    Very nice! Must sound awesome.
    Have to ask, where did you get those whhels so cheap? Did you order them overseas?

5. itkonen

itkonen New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    From Finland :D this is the good thing having a "not so highly respected car":)

6. FinnAvenger

FinnAvenger Member

Media:
    I agree!
    But still, that's very cheap.

7. qball52877

qball52877 New Member

what did you use for the dash speakers? Im looking for some replacements.