Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a doubt about my car, when I accelerate the car feels very normal but when I'm gettin to 40 MPH the car engine feel like it's failing to accelerate properly, if I'm accelerating slowly it does like a type of buzz at the motor I think, but if I accelerate quickly it doesn't produce the weir buzz.
When I pass the 40 MPH the cars feel normal again or if I'm going under 40 the car feels normal still, it just happens at that range.

Example 1 :
I'm accelerating to go over 40 mph, I do it gradually, so my revs stay between 1500 or 2000 RPM when I get to 40 it starts to buzz and the motor shakes a bit, I pass 40 then it feels normal.
Example 2:
I'm accelerating to go over 40 mph, I do it fastly (compared to the example 1), so my revs go between 2500 or 3500 RPM, when I get to 40 and over the car does not doe the stange buzz and shake, it feels normal.

I hope my understatement it's clear, I'm afraid it has something to do with some electric o else, if anyone has had the same issue and knows how to solve it i'm all ears. Thanks for reading and thanks beforehand.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Hard to say if your not sure where the weird buzz is coming from and if it only happens under certain conditions. Could be something loose or worn. Doesn't seem to be a common issue aound here. Could even be a tire out of balance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hard to say if your not sure where the weird buzz is coming from and if it only happens under certain conditions. Could be something loose or worn. Doesn't seem to be a common issue aound here. Could even be a tire out of balance.
It feels like the engine fails to accelerate when it happens, I'm sure it comes from there, it's like it does not fire the injectors properly.
But I still don't know if I am explaining my self correctly.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Have you kept up the servicing on the car? Plugs, filters, throttle cleaning with Seafoam spray, Seafoam liquid in the tank to help clean injectors and combustion chamber?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you kept up the servicing on the car? Plugs, filters, throttle cleaning with Seafoam spray, Seafoam liquid in the tank to help clean injectors and combustion chamber?
I recently got the car 3 months ago and did all normal maintenance car, changed spark plugs, air filter, oil and oil filter, I cleaned the throttle body, It started to happen suddenly, so I think it may be cause for a bad coil or something else.
Do you know if a video can be upload here to show the problem?

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Yes you can upload pics and videos to the forum.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a doubt about my car, when I accelerate the car feels very normal but when I'm gettin to 40 MPH the car engine feel like it's failing to accelerate properly, if I'm accelerating slowly it does like a type of buzz at the motor I think, but if I accelerate quickly it doesn't produce the weir buzz.
When I pass the 40 MPH the cars feel normal again or if I'm going under 40 the car feels normal still, it just happens at that range.

Example 1 :
I'm accelerating to go over 40 mph, I do it gradually, so my revs stay between 1500 or 2000 RPM when I get to 40 it starts to buzz and the motor shakes a bit, I pass 40 then it feels normal.
Example 2:
I'm accelerating to go over 40 mph, I do it fastly (compared to the example 1), so my revs go between 2500 or 3500 RPM, when I get to 40 and over the car does not doe the stange buzz and shake, it feels normal.

I hope my understatement it's clear, I'm afraid it has something to do with some electric o else, if anyone has had the same issue and knows how to solve it i'm all ears. Thanks for reading and thanks beforehand.
It’s the transmission lagging between 2nd and 3rd gear. It’s trying to stay in 2nd when there’s not enough power so you need to use more throttle to push it to the next gear

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Is your transmission fluid level correct? If yes it may be time to change the transmission fluid and filter. Don't do a transmission flush as it may cause more problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts