Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
What will they do to keep people interested for another year?

I know this is a HUGE dream but wouldn't an SRT version help boost sales? I know it will never happen so don't blast me with reasons why it won't. I just want to live in my fantasy world.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What will they do to keep people interested for another year?
Considering what they did this year which - aside from the blacktop addition - was next to nothing, I would expect the same for 2014. Chrysler-FIAT is at a point where they will invest no money into the old architecture. All resources are going into the development of the new platform. I expect the only thing you'll see is a continuation of the discounts and incentives you've been seeing for the last few years.

This puts Dodge - and the Dart - in kind of a tough situation. CGLLC needs to keep the incentives on the the 200/Avenger in order to keep it competitive with the rest of the mid-sizers. These incentives make it a much better buy than a well equipped Dart, and therefore, Dodge will continue to compete with themselves and hurt Dart sales in the process - which looks bad for everyone since the Dart is the car on the spot.

I know this is a HUGE dream but wouldn't an SRT version help boost sales? I know it will never happen so don't blast me with reasons why it won't. I just want to live in my fantasy world.
Why live in a fantasy world? Find a NOS SRT-6 badge on ebay to put on your Avenger. That's the about as close as you'll get! :p ;)

·
Registered
432 Posts
o Jan 2013-Dodge brand sales up 37 percent; best January sales since 2008 and largest
year-over-year percentage increase of any Chrysler Group brand
Top-selling Chrysler models in January included the Dodge Avenger mid-sized sedan that saw sales jump 69 percent from last year and the Ram pickup truck that saw a 14 percent increase.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's something the could be good for the Avenger's life extension:

With an extra year on the market, aftermarket companies like Diablosport and Hypertech may be more motivated to release a tuner for these cars.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yay for us, now it will stick around long enough for me to get another new one next year.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
o Jan 2013-Dodge brand sales up 37 percent; best January sales since 2008 and largest
year-over-year percentage increase of any Chrysler Group brand
Top-selling Chrysler models in January included the Dodge Avenger mid-sized sedan that saw sales jump 69 percent from last year and the Ram pickup truck that saw a 14 percent increase.

if the incentives weren't there, neither would be the sales figures. As long as the venge gets an honorable death, it will be alright.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Here's something the could be good for the Avenger's life extension:

With an extra year on the market, aftermarket companies like Diablosport and Hypertech may be more motivated to release a tuner for these cars.
it is still a doomed dead car and platform. if they said it was going to stay, then they might look into it. Since it is a one year stay of execution, it still won't be worth it. Not to mention, the notion is, you bought a venge cause you couldn't afford the bigger faster counterparts.

·
Registered
432 Posts
X
No we bought ours because we did not want a large car like a challenger or charger or camero.

·
Registered
182 Posts
as long as we're dreaming, an srt 4 and a stick ( that's geared properly for me ! ). Should be good on gas. Give the steering a sportier feeling and throw in an LSD. The 4 banger should give about the same hp's and such as the V6 ( maybe a little more ), but be lighter weight.

Or just give me a stick in the R/T model, tweak the steering, and call it a day. I'll start saving for it now.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it is still a doomed dead car and platform. if they said it was going to stay, then they might look into it. Since it is a one year stay of execution, it still won't be worth it. Not to mention, the notion is, you bought a venge cause you couldn't afford the bigger faster counterparts.
MMM... probably more so the deal on it was so good it was hard to pass up. That said, you're right, it's a dead-car-rolling and it's hard to make a business case for it.

I guess the only way we'd get a tune from Diablosport is if the tune for the 3.6 Charger/Challenger/300 was close enough to our cars so that it would require very little investment to tweak it. *Or* if they released a tune for the minivan 3.6 that could be used for the Avenger/200. The minivan might be worth the investment since they're not going anywhere for awhile. While the caravan isn't an enthusiasts car, they may be able to market an eco/performance tune for it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ok I gotta funny one. If we only buy our cars because we can't afford the bigger faster ones then I am absolutely stupid because I traded in my Pig of a car that aside from the look had nothing to offer except more trips to the gas station and higher insurance because its a "sports type muscle car". I thought I would love the 2012 Challenger and guess what I would rather take my dying line of car any day of the week. (Sorry Dodge) and the Dart from what I was told was pushed out too fast and has been showing some serious issues (not sure how true that is coming from the stealership) but I am so happy with my 2013 Avenger blacktop its not even funny! (Rant over) LOL

·
Registered
562 Posts
Yea with all due respect I disagree with that also , I drove a Nissan Altima dodge Dakota and dodge Durango before my avenger and next to the Dakota I love my venge ! I didn't buy it cause I couldn't afford say a challenger or charger I bought it cause i saw it on the lot when trading my Durango and loved the looks and ride ! And with the dying breed stuff lets just not think of it like that , we still have possibly 2 years until production ends but even if it does there are plenty of Chrysler products driving around today that have been discontinued but are still great cars ! Just think if you drive like a Pontiac, the whole brand is gone! :gy:

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
I am not saying that that's why we bought them or not. But that is the aspect the after market companies are looking at it from. There is 1000x more profit out there for the charger and the challenger market, because they are "proper" RWD muscle cars.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am not saying that that's why we bought them or not. But that is the aspect the after market companies are looking at it from. There is 1000x more profit out there for the charger and the challenger market, because they are "proper" RWD muscle cars.
I agree with that but respectfully when I was modding my Challenger there really wasnt a whole lot of aftermarket for it either. Yes more then my Avenger but not as much as say for the Charger and 300 lines.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think what Schurick is saying is there's a larger percentage of Charger/Challenger owners willing to buy a tune for their cars then there is for Avenger/200 owners. That is what holds Diablosport back from investing in development of a tune for our cars.

I hate to say it but Avis, Hertz, and Enterprise probably aren't in the market for a Trinity-1000 for their fleet of Avengers. WE are, but WE are relatively small potatoes.

Although, since the hardware on the tuner is basically one unit that plugs into multiple cars, I really wonder how much overhead there is in just developing the specific programming of a tune for one car. (a download). Do you have to BUY the car you want to tune? I assume that would be a large part of the cost.

·
Registered
777 Posts
After reading that the equipment in that plant is pre-Daimler era, I'm now wondering how much of it was also used to build my mid-80's Lebaron and Shadow Turbos...........

I will be honest, When I bought my 200 I looked at the info for the Darts and found that the R/T with the 2.4l was more expensive than the more basic 200 Touring like I ended up buying even before the rebates. To me, a slighty bigger car with way more horsepower and flex fuel capability for comparable money negated the better gas mileage. Now that said, 97.9 FM The Loop recently held a text in promotion that is giving away 2 Dart SXT's and $50k, and I out in for it. When I talked to somebody from the station that was at Chrysler's Autoshow booth for the giveaway, he said that he kept hearing people refer to the Dart as just a rebodied Neon. He was surprised to here that it was not only built off an Alfa-Romeo plaftorm.than had been upsized for the US market (mainly for fat guys like myself, and they did they passed that with flying colors!) and that the Dart, Compass, and Patriot were all built right here in Northern Illinois too, his attitude seemed to change about the car!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Looking at the chassis for the Dart, it looks nothing like the neon or avenger chassis.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts