Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm back, I've noticed that on my 99 es 2.5, it seems to miss at idle randomly, no CEL but scanned for codes today and I have 3 p0340 camshaft position sensor a circuit bank 1 or single sensor high, p0123 throttle pedal position sensor switch a circuit high and p0113 intake air temp sensor 1 circuit high. What could I be looking at here?

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts
Did you try clearing out the codes and then se what codes come back?
Also I know there were some minor changes in engine control electronics after the 98 model year, does yours still have cable operated throttle or did it go to the electric throttle?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you try clearing out the codes and then se what codes come back?
Also I know there were some minor changes in engine control electronics after the 98 model year, does yours still have cable operated throttle or did it go to the electric throttle?
Cable driven

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts
Can't say for sure, but the cam sensor could be the main culprit, OR the spark plugs/wires may be very old by now if you don't know if they've been replaced. Also by age you need to also strongly consider timing belt replacement ...it's not a chain timing system and by age is to be done on the order of aprox 6 yrs/100k whichever comes first. It can be fairly expensive to do and many people don't do it. A broken timing belt will ruin the heads and pistons.

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts
It is odd as to you saying no CEL but having codes. That's why I suggested clearing them and then driving it to see what comes back. A random misfire as posted is more a sign of old plugs/wires also if you pulled a wire and checked to see if it is covered in engine oil can cause a misfire, The separate plug well seals from the valve cover gasket are known to harden and allow engine oil into the spark plug wells which can cause your initial posting of random miss.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts