Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was bored the other day and was doing some research on different things I could do to the car, and I found this. https://phantomgrip.com/shop/dodge-...t/1995-2008-dodge-avenger-41tea604-4spd-6spd/ Has anyone heard about this before? Does this really help the Avenger? Is it really worth trying out? I have the AWD Avenger, and I think having a limited slip differential would be super cool! So what is everyones thoughts?

·
Premium Member
7,062 Posts
I'd send a like to your reply....BUT it could be misinterpreted as to what is being liked! Don't sell yourself "short", most folk wouldn't know those kind of pieces in their vehicle, unless they were real "gearheads" or had a long automotive background!;)
My coupe has the A604 trannie and the 4 speed Sedans are an electronic upgrade from that base trans family...FWD's COULD benefit from a LSD under performance driving conditions, but in my experience, regular road use it would show some drawbacks. Plus the LSD needs a bit more maint. attention compared to the normal "open" diff.

·
Registered
2008 Chrysler Sebring 2.4L
63 Posts
Figured I would reply to this instead of starting a whole new thread...

Has anyone actually done a successful LSD conversion? I am more interested in this for FWD rather than AWD, although I may need some of the AWD parts if this is to work.

The PhantomGrip looks a lot like the Traction Concepts unit... price and description are close enough that they very sell could be the exact same part being sold be two distributors.

Anyone know what it would take to make a FWD no longer be one tire fire? Being able to apply power to both front wheels would be nice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts