Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums as of a few moments ago, making this my first post (obviously). Unfortunately, my first post is going to be a desperate cry for help. I've posted the following on the Dodge Avenger/Chrysler 200 Nation group page on Facebook, so I've copied & pasted it here in hopes that I'll find someone who has knowledge on Ignition. I also apologize if this is posted in the wrong area, as I'm unsure if it's a mechanical or electrical issue. Let me begin:

Has anyone had issues with a no-crank condition? Last night while I was driving, my TPM System temporarily failed out of the blue and I couldn't read the tire pressure for any of my tires. Shortly after, my Avenger then displayed a "Check TPM System" notification, along with a blinking red light (the same light as the security system light - a blinking, circular red light).

When I pulled in at my girlfriends apartment complex, I turned the car off so I could check the tires. Once I noticed they all were properly inflated, I tried restarting the vehicle. Unfortunately, it wouldn't do anything.... Everything worked properly, except the engine wouldn't turn over. Whenever I would turn the key, the same red light would come on and the engine would refuse to crank. Luckily, I was able to get the Avenger to start with the factory remote starter on my keyfob. Once I was able to remote start it, I would put the key in the ignition and it would drive properly.

So what do you guys think? Is this an issue with the SKREEM module? Is my key going bad? Should I expect imminent PCM failure?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hello!
Do you have second key for it?
Sounds like engine immobilizer kicks in because it wont recognize your key. Have you replaced the battery inside the key?
There are lots of threads on the forum about the same problem you are having now so try to use search box to find those threads. I don't remember what was fix for it. Reprogramming key maybe?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts