Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just checked out Dodge.com, and the SXT and RT now include a "No Extra Charge MyGig ($650 value on SXT, $300 value on RT). This happened in the past week sometime.

Good news for people that haven't bought one yet.

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
When I ordered my Avenger back in the first week of January, they had this going on. That is one of the main reasons I wanted to order it instead of buying from a lot. I was surprised when they said it was free if I ordered it... Nobody gives anything for free nowadays. Do you think they are doing this to stimulate sales?

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I ordered my Avenger back in the first week of January, they had this going on. That is one of the main reasons I wanted to order it instead of buying from a lot. I was surprised when they said it was free if I ordered it... Nobody gives anything for free nowadays. Do you think they are doing this to stimulate sales?
They must have just updated the website.
I'm sure they are trying to stimulate sales - and likely get buyers to move up fom the SE.

·
Registered
129 Posts
We have not made the 1 st payment on ours

I sent them an email asking to do a swap out.

Id like to have it.

Think I have a chance

:icon1:

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We have not made the 1 st payment on ours

I sent them an email asking to do a swap out.

Id like to have it.

Think I have a chance

:icon1:
Let me know what they say. I made the first payment at signing - only 15 days ago though.

·
Registered
112 Posts
That link states that those promotions start on Feb 1st, what's odd is the free MyGig etc for the 300 in the Signature Series Package has been going on for awhile now as that is what originally got me into a Chrysler dealer to begin with. That package on the 300 for what you get is a great deal @ $32k sticker and if you can bargain them down to $27-$28k it's awesome. To bad after test driving I realized it was way to big a car for my tastes. If I didn't think I already got a smoking deal on my R/T I'd prolly call my dealer up an ask for a refund on my MyGig tho. :D

·
Registered
129 Posts
Let me know what they say. I made the first payment at signing - only 15 days ago though.

wishfull thinking :shakehead:

that option was also for the cars on the lot

with this system already in it.

The R/T's on the lot didnt have this system in it

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hm, well... Knowing Dodge as I do.... SE would stand for "Suck Edition", so I'm sure they'd do anything they could to get people to move up to cars that have a few dollars worth of profit in them.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmm I got lucky then :p I picked up my R/T on Monday...it was the only black one w/ the MyGig in it in SE Michigan with free MyGig. But be wary when dealing with these dealerships...one of mine that I shopped have 2 SXT's w/ v6's exactly the same...but difference in price...I asked him what gives, he check window stickers on both...One had the MyGig for free, the other was not. I said well wouldn't both be free? He said no, they have to sell what is on the sticker...so be careful and make sure you are getting MyGig for free if that's what the window sticker states.

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
^Yeah, the dealer I dealt with was going to find me the car I wanted... I said, if the MyGig is offered free in any of the cars that you find, then I will work with you... He couldn't find one that had it free, and by law, they have to sell the car by sticker. They can lower the price on the cars, but someone is still paying the $650 for the MyGig.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would think the dealer would get reimbursed from Chrysler, like they do with rebates and other incentives.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I bought my SXT mid January so I'm out of luck on this one. My car doesn't even have the engine cover for the 2.7, the dealer said they stopped using them except for R/T's. Not that it's a big deal anyway.

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
So they stopped using the engine covers?? That is odd. When I pick mine up this weekend, I will ask about that. I wouldn't think they would stop using them. Maybe this was the affect of that plastics maker that went bankrupt!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I've never heard about them stopping putting covers on the 2.7...I think I have even seen pics somewhere..but maybe not. However I keep seeing the charger commercial where they give you a 3.5 engine instead of the 2.7 in the se now for 'free'.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts