Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 Avenger 3.5L wont start when I turn the key. I can hear the starter turning but there is no sound of engine ignition or firing whatsoever. The ETC light (red lightning bolt) is on as well.
It all started when I was driving on the highway and was going up a hill. The car automatically tried to shift down a gear to make it up the hill but instead of shifting gears the engine just shut off. The lights and radio etc were still working fine, but when I was pulled over and tried to start it back up it it wouldn't go.
I suspect it's either the crankshaft position sensor or fuel pump that is not working, but I am really not sure.
If anyone has had this problem or knows what is wrong your input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
There should be some check engine codes that have been tripped. Sounds like a throttle body problem.

·
Premium Member
6,301 Posts
If the car had been running properly(NO performance "hiccups") before this happened, and under the conditions described. I will ask for honest response of the OP, an 08 model with a timing belt powered motor, has the TIMING BELT ever been replaced? How many KM on the "clock'?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts