Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I've only had my avenger for like 3 days...and I don't see too many on the road in South East Michigan...is it just me, or does everyone find the avenger very intimidating...I don't know if its because I have the R/T, but people won't pull up next to me, will not ride my ass, nothing...am I crazy or do these people actually respect the car? lol

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Ok so I've only had my avenger for like 3 days...and I don't see too many on the road in South East Michigan...is it just me, or does everyone find the avenger very intimidating...I don't know if its because I have the R/T, but people won't pull up next to me, will not ride my ass, nothing...am I crazy or do these people actually respect the car? lol
lol. And I thought it was just my Avenger. I noticed on the way home today, sitting at a stop light, the car next to me didn't pull up to the car in front of it. And you know in Michigan, they usually pull up to within a few feet of the car ahead.
Mine's an SXT, but has the rear spoiler. And the car being black probably helps. The dark side and all.
:knee7rm:

·
Registered
68 Posts
They back off a bit around here unless it is a kid in a hoopty, then if the coast is clear they find out what that 2.7 looks like from behind. The sporty appearance with the wing it looks so much like a baby Charger, maybe they are thinking it has a hemi...LOL

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol. And I thought it was just my Avenger. I noticed on the way home today, sitting at a stop light, the car next to me didn't pull up to the car in front of it. And you know in Michigan, they usually pull up to within a few feet of the car ahead.
Mine's an SXT, but has the rear spoiler. And being black probably helps. The dark side and all.
:knee7rm:

LOL Ok good I am not crazy then...I know exactly what you mean, from travelling around the country, Michigan drivers are the worst and everyone from Michigan has a "driving attitude" is what is said about us lol - I can only imagine how much more "scarier" it's going to look once I tint the windows to complement the black exterior :D

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
LOL Ok good I am not crazy then...I know exactly what you mean, from travelling around the country, Michigan drivers are the worst and everyone from Michigan has a "driving attitude" is what is said about us lol - I can only imagine how much more "scarier" it's going to look once I tint the windows to complement the black exterior :D
lol...too funny. I don't know what it is about michigan, but if you aren't driving agressively...you will be waiting to get where you are going for a very long time.

Maybe its because we don't have any real mass transit? Or that most of our roads are designed to accomadate about half of what they usually do?

And our roads suck ass here. My suspension is taking a real beating lately. I keep moving up roads to get home. Currently im on mound for the most part. Used to be van **** but past 15 mile it looks like beirut. Mound isn't much better but doesn't happen until like 17 mile or so. My next step is dequindre but the 2 lanes from 696 to like 11 or 12 mile are ridiculous.

I'm just glad im not riding my bike right now on these crappy roads. :(

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol...too funny. I don't know what it is about michigan, but if you aren't driving agressively...you will be waiting to get where you are going for a very long time.

Maybe its because we don't have any real mass transit? Or that most of our roads are designed to accomadate about half of what they usually do?

And our roads suck ass here. My suspension is taking a real beating lately. I keep moving up roads to get home. Currently im on mound for the most part. Used to be van **** but past 15 mile it looks like beirut. Mound isn't much better but doesn't happen until like 17 mile or so. My next step is dequindre but the 2 lanes from 696 to like 11 or 12 mile are ridiculous.

I'm just glad im not riding my bike right now on these crappy roads. :(
I think the stupid salt trucks that plow the roads rip up the tar patches on purpose to give them something to do in the summer...Because in summer after they patch the roads, they are fine, then when winter hits w/ the snow and what not... like you said, its like beirut LOL awesome...

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I think the stupid salt trucks that plow the roads rip up the tar patches on purpose to give them something to do in the summer...Because in summer after they patch the roads, they are fine, then when winter hits w/ the snow and what not... like you said, its like beirut LOL awesome...
Well ya...thats mdot for ya...keeps them employed I guess..

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey at least they try to do something about the snow. Out here in Edmonton, they just said "F-it, it snows too damn much anyway" and assume everyone owns a truck.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Eureka!! I know why they dont pull up at lights...I figured it out today on the way home. With tinted windows and a radar detector on the dash and a Tom Tom nav unit hangin from the windshield, i pulled up on some cars in traffic and they peeled out of my way(exactly like I do when I think its a cop running up my rear) I realized they never do this when I am in my Off Road Ram and it is way more intimidating coming at you and then they hit the brakes, so my thoery is that they think its a cop car.....:hah:

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Eureka!! I know why they dont pull up at lights...I figured it out today on the way home. With tinted windows and a radar detector on the dash and a Tom Tom nav unit hangin from the windshield, i pulled up on some cars in traffic and they peeled out of my way(exactly like I do when I think its a cop running up my rear) I realized they never do this when I am in my Off Road Ram and it is way more intimidating coming at you and then they hit the brakes, so my thoery is that they think its a cop car.....:hah:
Yeah, we must look undercover. :p I got a radar detector up high next to the rearview.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They back off a bit around here unless it is a kid in a hoopty, then if the coast is clear they find out what that 2.7 looks like from behind. The sporty appearance with the wing it looks so much like a baby Charger, maybe they are thinking it has a hemi...LOL
I've had people think my 2.4 was a Charger and is very fast. I do get respect from Ram trucks. They seemed to give the thumbs up or let me in traffic alot. Chargers will do this too and they also look really good at the car. One time I got out my car at the post office and this girl in her thirties drove up in a Inferno Red SXT and she was maybe about fifty feet away. I gave her the thumbs up and she panicked and took off!Her mouth was open in panic. I think she thought I gave her the finger. She looked like a school teacher type. Nothing against teachers. Oh well.:)

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've had people think my 2.4 was a Charger and is very fast. I do get respect from Ram trucks. They seemed to give the thumbs up or let me in traffic alot. Chargers will do this too and they also look really good at the car. One time I got out my car at the post office and this girl in her thirties drove up in a Inferno Red SXT and she was maybe about fifty feet away. I gave her the thumbs up and she panicked and took off!Her mouth was open in panic. I think she thought I gave her the finger. She looked like a school teacher type. Nothing against teachers. Oh well.:)
LOL Yeah I've noticed us dodge people seem to stick together...yet, I still give dirty looks to chrylser people :p

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LOL Yeah I've noticed us dodge people seem to stick together...yet, I still give dirty looks to chrylser people :p
Look out for those Chrysler 300 Hemi's, they will clean that dirty look off very fast. I tried running one in my Avenger R/T, and that Chrysler 300 Hemi made me look like was not moving.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Look out for those Chrysler 300 Hemi's, they will clean that dirty look off very fast. I tried running one in my Avenger R/T, and that Chrysler 300 Hemi made me look like was not moving.
LOL Thanks for the tip...maybe I will just nod from now on...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts