Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think I got a mud pie from the dealer. I have had it for a year.. but let me get to the story.. The first week of having it. The throttle body goes. Has to be replaced. The head blows. The head was off by 1200. The head bolts was over tighten by a lot. The freeze plug was rusted and had a hole. Which could of caused the blow. Thennnnnnn the rod bearings go. Did I just get scammed or did I just have bad luck? If both, what should I do? All those repairs was 2 months a part or a week from getting it.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Depends on a lot of factors. Did you get any warranty with the car? How many miles on it? Did you get any service history when you bought the car? I always like to get my own mechanic to give it a once over before buying.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends on a lot of factors. Did you get any warranty with the car? How many miles on it? Did you get any service history when you bought the car? I always like to get my own mechanic to give it a once over before buying.
No history i even did a vin check. No warranty but they didn't disclose any issues that it had. It was at 80k or something.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But there was also evidence that someone was in the engine. And the color of the bumpers was off.

·
Premium Member
6,749 Posts
HONDA is not DODGE....you got had. Either go back to them and have a civil discussion or seek legal remedy in your local legal system.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HONDA is not DODGE....you got had. Either go back to them and have a civil discussion or seek legal remedy in your local legal system.
So basically I got had even tho there was no disclosure that was wrong with it?

·
Premium Member
6,749 Posts
You bought a dodge thru a Honda dealer....not their strong skill for doing any involving service on. I'm no lawyer and have offered you 2 suggestions to remedy your situation. Best to read all paperwork you got from them about your purchase with them to see what if any coverage you may have with them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You bought a dodge thru a Honda dealer....not their strong skill for doing any involving service on. I'm no lawyer and have offered you 2 suggestions to remedy your situation. Best to read all paperwork you got from them about your purchase with them to see what if any coverage you may have with them.
I'll try, maybe they don't want their rep messed with and fix it or trade. Fingers cross bc I don't think anyone is that lucky.... thank you guys. And your response and knowledge is awesome. And thats for both of my threads today :) if I have anymore question I will totally come back to here!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts