Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:(Hey all AWD owners. Any one that may be interested in the Zoomers exhaust, doesnt look like it will fit. I took my car to a shop I know. Had them take a look at it and the pics I printed of the exhaust Ron came up with. Because of the drive shaft and read dif, I dont think it will work. I took pics and sent them to Ron. We will see what happens

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yeah, I did the same with my exhaust God here in town. He has a good idea on how to approach this issue and we'll wait till the snow is gone here. I promise I'll post pictures so you guys can see what you think. Basically, I thought about the same setup as Ron did and was going to go it alone anyway but we'll see what happens.

Thanks for all your effort Ron and Zoomers tech staff. You did an awesome job and no matter what happens, I apppreciate your hard work!!

Paul

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what were you looking at doing.. I dont see the muffler fitting were Ron has it on the FWD....what are your ideas?

·
Registered
295 Posts
The original setup has a straight pipe w/resonator to where the rear "diff" is and then splits to two muffler looking things. We are looking at a one muffler centered set up just behind the rear "diff" and two exits to where they are in the rear now. We think 2.5" to the muffler and two 2.25" out with tips (3 inch round slash to copy the angle of the rear valance). We haven't really dug into it yet, like I said we'll wait till the snow is gone (hopefully by mid April or so) and that gives us a little play time to see what will actually work as opposed to what looks like will work.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i sent an email to Ron.. I enquired about the silver bullet muffler.. Its smaller in diameter.. maybe... or maybe a set up like he did for the Mustang.. after the rear axel

·
Registered
113 Posts
The original setup has a straight pipe w/resonator to where the rear "diff" is and then splits to two muffler looking things. We are looking at a one muffler centered set up just behind the rear "diff" and two exits to where they are in the rear now. We think 2.5" to the muffler and two 2.25" out with tips (3 inch round slash to copy the angle of the rear valance). We haven't really dug into it yet, like I said we'll wait till the snow is gone (hopefully by mid April or so) and that gives us a little play time to see what will actually work as opposed to what looks like will work.
The org. setup on your car has 2 mufflers after the rear end not one large one going sideways?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Well if the FWD version is successful enough for Zoomers to produce, maybe he will produce a special one for the AWD. Only time will tell!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I sent Ron the pics and asked him some questions...

Got your e-mail... Thanks for the photos but, just as I thought the AWD is completely different and your right our current design will not work on your type vehicle. There are other alternatives like perhaps going to a dual rear muffler set up but this will also increase the cost. Maybe we should have started with the AWD car so there would be one exhaust for all the cars. How popular are the AWD models? Reason being I don't know if it would be worth changing the original design if the AWD is rare compared to the rear drive model... What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Got your e-mail... Thanks for the photos but, just as I thought the AWD is completely different and your right our current design will not work on your type vehicle. There are other alternatives like perhaps going to a dual rear muffler set up but this will also increase the cost. Maybe we should have started with the AWD car so there would be one exhaust for all the cars. How popular are the AWD models? Reason being I don't know if it would be worth changing the original design if the AWD is rare compared to the rear drive model... What are your thoughts?
Ron, if you go and look at the poll of what models the owners here have, you will see the the R/T, and SXT are the most popular. I agree that if the interest is not there, why produce. Also keep in mind that their are many other Avenger owners that are NOT on this forum here. It would be nice to have your system developed for all three engines and for the AWD version, but I can understand if that is not possible for you. You know, they were talking that there may be a turbo available for the 2.4l motors, and I have yet to see a decent cat back made for this engine. Are you guys just not planning on making this, or are you going ot wait until the demand is there?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I talk to Ron on the phone tonight.. He is waiting to see what the demand is.. He doesnt want to put out the money to produce this system and not get the demand for it (you cant blame him for that its business).. Even Bluenigel knows if the demand is not there, he will have to pay for his. As for as the AWD goes.. he thinks a system like the Mustang is what we would need. That means 2 mufflers.. I have already talked to him about it, I am going to check around here for some shops.. Then order his stuff and have it installed..

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I would buy one but I can't afford it right now. I've had some personal issues come up...and I have to take care of those first. :( Maybe in the summer I will have the cash.

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Glad to see you are still pursuing this KLS. I am sure Ron will still require a 'list' before production, and hopefully that will work out for you all that have AWD.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am going to get the parts and have it manufactured here at a shop.. he sent some nice picks of what he thinks will work....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts