Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My downstream o2 sensor on bank 2 is stuck at like .240 v and doesn't change no matter what I do does that mean my o2 sensor is bad? Could it be a wiring problem? Is it worth it to try cleaning my o2 sensor or just replace it.

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
Do you have a CEL code for O2 sensor? What kind of miles are on the car, Downstream reading lean can indicate air getting into the exhaust, at least up here in NY...rusted open flex couplers can do this. LOOK to the obvious things first, then due to the age of vehicle, yes iyt could be a dying O2 sensor.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No o2 sensor code. And I'm not sure the milage but I think it's close to 200,000 miles. What is strange to me is that the voltage won't change at all whether accelerating or stopping or at idle.

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
IF air is entering the exhaust by way of a crack or opening in the system between the forward O2 and the rear O2 sensor, it will show a "latched lean" voltage. Also the rear on these vintage do NOT jump around a lot like the front sensor.
I've put 2 pairs of exhaust flex couplers in the "Y" pipe area of my exhaust system in 5 years. Here in NY, the rust gremlins are pretty nasty. IF you don't know of what I'm speaking of of the flex couplers, they are short wire web covered corrugated pipes underneath just behind the engine of the exhaust system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts