Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
I've only seen him "on the board" twice since I've been a member here. I would LOVE to know how his ride is holding up over these last few years.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I wanted to ask a couple of questions about the 3.0 engine swap. Just wanted some clarification on why they did some stuff and said other things were not compatible.

How have you been holding up through all this Covid stuff?

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
We have been healthy and keeping safe. BUT definitely not doing much of PRE Covid activities. Wife has lost significant work related income, but still has a job with our local school district. The bills get paid on time and that is all that matters right now.
The generation of 3.0 motor for a swap into our Mitsu Avengers is getting about as scarce as our rides. There was an extensive thread on doing the swap here in the forumz page...VERY old one, did you find and work with it?

·
Hey y'all, watch this!
458 Posts
Looks like the person you're asking about was last on about 5 months ago. You may want to start a conversation with them, they'll probably get an email notification.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like the person you're asking about was last on about 5 months ago. You may want to start a conversation with them, they'll probably get an email notification.
I looked at the deal 5 months ago and it was someone else wanting to ask a question. Thanks, though.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We have been healthy and keeping safe. BUT definitely not doing much of PRE Covid activities. Wife has lost significant work related income, but still has a job with our local school district. The bills get paid on time and that is all that matters right now.
The generation of 3.0 motor for a swap into our Mitsu Avengers is getting about as scarce as our rides. There was an extensive thread on doing the swap here in the forumz page...VERY old one, did you find and work with it?
Glad you've been healthy. My step daughter moved from Buffalo to Hamburg and my wife has been very upset that she cannot go see her.

I just bought a crashed 02 Eclipse 3.0 auto and had read were Venge said that the transmission would not work. Wanted to ask if it was because the Avenger trans is Chrysler and the Eclipse is Mitsi, and the electronics won't link up. Same for swapping the intake and injectors.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did find a LOT of info about the swap, just had questions and didn't want to start re-inventing the wheel if I could I could get the info.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Not 100% sure, but I think the main crux was location of the crank sensor from the early bell housing mount to the pulley end or somewhere middle of the engine block.
Well at least she's in a better location than BUFFALO, Hamburgs not bad at all, My daughter married and their first home is in Derby(East of Hamburg and very close to Lake Erie). I hope the daughter will be happy in Hamburg, and tell the wife that travel restrictions WILL end eventually! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts