Dodge Avenger Forum banner

Battery change problems

981 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  PhilG69 
#1 ·
Hi all, first post so excuse my ignorance lol.
I have a 2009 UK Avenger 2.0l SXT CRD with 75000 on the clock, which I bought in June 2020, when I got the car I replaced the knackered redtop battery with a cheap one, which worked fine till the cold weather when it died.
Yesterday at work I fitted a brand new redtop, drove home, and all was good.
This morning the car started without issues, however while driving I realised that my head and tail lights were on (even though they were off at the stalk) and the indicators and front and rear foglights aren't working.
Everything worked normally on my drive home from work last night, so i don't understand how sitting on my driveway overnight could have caused this to happen.
Anyone got any ideas as to what I've done wrong ??

#2 ·
That's an odd one, probably a connectivity issue. May be a bad ground or some connection got loose while you were doing the battery transplant. Also disconnect the battery at the jump post and disconnect your TIPM. Check all connections coming into the bottom of it for looseness and or corrosion.

Reactions: PhilG69
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.