Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Avenger, that I bought used. For about 1 year, there were no problems. It sat the good part of winter and the battery died. It was replaced but it kept dying. The mechanic also replaced the alternator and the new battery with a replacement. Nothing works. If I charge the battery and let it sit, it will start for weeks. The first time I drive it and let it sit overnight, the battery goes dead.

I checked the light in the console and fixed it so it can't stay on. I pulled the fuses that control the cigarette lighters (I know I am dating myself)/ I can't test for a parasitic draw because of the battery location. The only odd thing I can see is that the USB port works intermittently and flashes on and off even when nothing is plugged into it.

Has anyone else had this problem that they solved? I want to avoid taking it to a Dodge dealer if I can. Thanks in advance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,744 Posts
If you let the car sit for long periods of time and just take short trips with it this will happen. It doesn't have enough time to let the alternator to charge the battery properly. Not sure if this is still the case with your usage but it might be an idea to put a solar trickle charger on your dash to maintain the battery.
 

·
Registered
2008 Dodge Avenger R/T
Joined
·
47 Posts
I have a 2011 Avenger, that I bought used. For about 1 year, there were no problems. It sat the good part of winter and the battery died. It was replaced but it kept dying. The mechanic also replaced the alternator and the new battery with a replacement. Nothing works. If I charge the battery and let it sit, it will start for weeks. The first time I drive it and let it sit overnight, the battery goes dead.

I checked the light in the console and fixed it so it can't stay on. I pulled the fuses that control the cigarette lighters (I know I am dating myself)/ I can't test for a parasitic draw because of the battery location. The only odd thing I can see is that the USB port works intermittently and flashes on and off even when nothing is plugged into it.

Has anyone else had this problem that they solved? I want to avoid taking it to a Dodge dealer if I can. Thanks in advance.
i
This happened to my grandmas Ford Focus. This may be caused by a fusible link as well. Not sure if thats the case but thats what happened on my grandmas car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Once I found out my dodge caravan’s door was not closing and making complete contact to tell the fuse it was closed. My battery ran dead. Time after time and when I replaced my hinges did it stop. Just a thought cuz you said the light stays on inside until you took out fuse.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top