Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I would post this in the mechanical help section but it seems to be pretty dead.. So, after replacing my throttle body in my 2011 Avenger 2.4l, testing the car, and then shutting it off, something began to make a noise intermittently and kept running all night, killing my battery. Sounds a lot like a fan, and I believe it to be the silver piece behind the engine cover in the picture I uploaded. What is this piece? Could it possibly be the issue? Not very knowledgeable on this area of the vehicle so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Not sure what would be making a fan like sound back there but check and double check all connections that you had to disconnect when replacing the throttle body. Could it be a blend door actuator(would be more of a clicking sound)? You can also get an inexpensive automotive stethoscope to pinpoint where the noise is coming from.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is the fresh air door behind the glove compartment. It's a garbage design and becomes worn out because of overuse with the auto ac. It's a pain to replace but doable. Your ac is most likely stuck on recycle which is where it usually seems to give out. Hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts