Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Dodge Avenger. One morning went to start it it was dead. Completely dead. My key fob wouldn’t even unlock my doors or open my truck for jumper cables. Anyways I got it Jumped. It started right up. Went to work came home. Next morning completely drained again. Got another jump went to orielys had them test my battery and alternator both of them didn’t pass. Next morning same thing completely drained. Went to a different orielys had them test it. Battery came back no good and alternator passed. I bought a battery had someone put it in. Picked up my car started right up. Went home next morning completely dead again. I don’t understand the alternator is staying at a 12.5 volt whenever car is off. So someone is saying it’s differently not the alternator. What should I do?? What could it be?? The car starts up fine through out the day. If started within 3 hours. Seems like if it sits to long like longer than 5. It’s completely drained.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Is there a light being left on? Maybe a dome, console, or glove box? Have there been any changes made to the car recently such as a new stereo? Also check all connections at the alternator and any ground points under the hood.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts