Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
They placed it there for balance and if it where to blow up, it is more protected from you. Actually real easy to get to, just take off the tire and remove the access panel, they say you can turn the tire but that is a tight squeeze

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
If you are wondering how often you would need to replace it - in a 10 year period you will only need to replace it once or twice. I wouldn't worry about the difficulty in replacing it.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Grr

I was wondering that myself. I read in the manuel where it was, but still a little lost. Fortunatly they provide access points, but it does not look like fun when the time comes.
:3-smash:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Truly is not a bad job if you take the tire off. Battery life is somewhere around 3 years from what I have seen, some last longer depending on your personal habits

·
Registered
65 Posts
I wish they would have put the battery in the trunk like the Chargers. I got to it by just lifting it then turning the tire but it was just to connect wires not remove it. Another way to encourage dealer work.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I always like the trunk mount in my magnum....didn't have it long enough to get any use out of it though. :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts