Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

so I have a 2014 Dodge Avenger 61,000 miles throwing the code P2173 for High Airflow/ Vacuum leak. While my vehicle was in the dealership for recall service I had them run a diagnostic on it and they said it can run anywhere from $500 to $1100 for parts and labor. Without removing the intake to see if it itself is broken or if it’s just a bad seal. More often than not from what I’ve read is the gasket itself but should I try to order the parts with the part numbers and do it myself or leave it to the pros for the work? I’ve done basic maintenance myself, but am no means familiar with this process.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
7,385 Posts
Depends on which motor yours has, the 4 or 6 cyl. The 4 banger is relatively easy and many you tubes on manifold removal, particularly one about the IMRC equipped older models(same process).

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just replaced my intake Manifold Gasket on my 2.4l, maybe a 45 min to an hour job. $28 gasket at Dodge. Only problem I had was pulling it out from under the wiring harness and putting it back in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just replaced my intake Manifold Gasket on my 2.4l, maybe a 45 min to an hour job. $28 gasket at Dodge. Only problem I had was pulling it out from under the wiring harness and putting it back in.
Did you need a torque wrench when putting it all back together, or just snug them up with normal ratchet, about to attempt it myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts