Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HI Troops!
Here is the report from Blackstone Labs on My most recent Oil and Filter change.
About 6 months and 6230 miles had past since the prior O&F service.
I really am happy with the report...We bought the car with 61k on it and I was not sure how it was taken care of service-wise in its prior "Life'.
I am really tickled to see that it appears according to the lab report on the oil that there appears to be no major issues with the engine...at least as far as One can tell by the oil!

Doc
PS: The cost was $28.00 and that included the shipping of the sample back to the lab.
PSS: I ran very little E-85 thru the car during this oil change interval of 6230 miles.
Maybe 17 gallons at the most.

Sorry My importing skills are still in the learning stage, so just click on the area that is small print and it should become readable!

EDWARD: Thanks for the note on your blend of synthetic and conventional oils. It looks like it's working
well for your Black Beauty -- the wear numbers all tested appropriately. The averages show typical wear
levels for this type of engine after about 7,200 miles on the oil, and on a comparable enough interval, your
engine's metals all tested average or even a good deal lower than average, which tells us your engine is
doing well. The viscosity was fine, reading firmly in the 5W/30 range, and no coolant, water, or other
contamination was found. Very nice report!
COMMENTS

M10635
3/16/2020
63/68
LAB NUMBER:
REPORT DATE:
CODE:
BLK BEAUTY
Gasoline (Unleaded)
Quaker State Syn 5W/30
6,230 Miles
OIL TYPE & GRADE: Oil is a 50-50 blend of 5w/30 Quaker State Conventional and Synthetic, both of which meet the Chrysler MS-6395 Factory Specification
UNIT

Chrysler 3.6L Pentastar DOHC V-6
OIL: Quaker State 5w-30
UNIT ID:
PAYMENT:
MAKE/MODEL:2011 Dodge Avenger Heat 3.6 Pentastar Engine
FUEL TYPE: Gasoline
ADDITIONAL INFO: Mobil 1 Extended Performance High efficiency High capacity oil filter

Sample Values Should Be*
Water %0.00.0
54-6157.4PROPERTIESSUS Viscosity @ 210°F
>375410Flashpoint in °F
9.488.5-10.8cSt Viscosity @ 100°C
<0.5<2.0Fuel %
0.00Antifreeze %
0.2<0.6Insolubles %
TBN
TAN
ISO Code
* THIS COLUMN APPLIES ONLY TO THE CURRENT SAMPLE
LIABILITY LIMITED TO COST OF ANALYSIS
416 E. PETTIT AVE. FORT WAYNE, IN 46806 (260) 744-2380 www.blackstone-labs.com
©COPYRIGHT BLACKSTONE LABORATORIES 2020

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!!
When You don't know how Your "Baby" was broken in and raised on , oil-wise, I figured I'd run a Syn Blend.
But I could not find a Quaker State Blend that met the MS-6395 Spec that Dodge wants used in its vehicles...weirdly both the Conventional and full synthetic both meet the the MS-6395 spec while the QS High Mileage blend that I Can find in the local stores doesn't mention meeting the spec.
So My Wife says...Just blend Your own!!
So that's what I did and it looks like it's functional.
I Would like to use a high mileage oil, but , again, it does not meet the 6395 spec as far as I can research.
I have called the oil companies and researched on the net 'till I just gave up trying to find a High Mileage blend that does meet the MS-6395 spec.
If anybody has any ideas, I am REALLY open to suggestions on how to find out if there is a non-Valvoline, non-Pennzoil blend that does meet the spec!!
Thanks,
Doc

1 - 3 of 3 Posts