Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dodge 2010 avenger,
When I use my right blinker light for turning right, my reading light is turning on!!!!!!!
I don't know what should I do now for solving this problem, yesterday I have checked all the fuses and I take them out and I have checked them by eye and all of them was at good condition, and I have changed my wiper switch control and I didn't change any thing that was related to the blinker control.
Is there any way to reset the PC or doing some thing like this for solving this problem?

·
Premium Member
6,878 Posts
GOOD MORNING!
I do not have your era avenger but it sounds like a very rare symptom of shorting wires ,possibly along the steering column. have you done any under the dash work before this happened? if so go back and check your work.GOOD LUCK 1

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was no wiring, there was just two connector that I have connected both of them.
Maybe it caused by checking the fuses.
Thanks for your response

·
Premium Member
6,878 Posts
Sounds odd but check for right door switch or that door physically tight . you said when turning right or does this happen while parked and turning on right signal? was problem befoe or after changing wiper switch and why was wiper switch replaced ? Sorry should check LEFT doors and switches . Right turn would unload pressure on those doors.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds odd but check for right door switch or that door physically tight . you said when turning right or does this happen while parked and turning on right signal?
When I am driving and doors are closed it happens.
It happens just when I using right signal for example when I am in highway and I want to change the lane I should use my signal light, when I am using my right signal the reading light inside of my car is turning on and the two button near the light is not working.
It is really odd for me because I don't know the relationship between this two lights.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,878 Posts
SOO, if you are sitting still in the car and with engine running you turn on the right turn signal the dome light also comes on? or as you have right siganl on AND turning the steering to the right?

·
Premium Member
6,878 Posts
Does car have mirror mounted turn signal lights ? if so there could be breaking/ shorting wires in right front door to body wiring harness. I am from around buffalo NY area a due to our CRAZY winter weather I am suggesting checks common to problems of this nature for my area.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does car have mirror mounted turn signal lights ? if so there could be breaking/ shorting wires in right front door to body wiring harness. I am from around buffalo NY area a due to our CRAZY winter weather I am suggesting checks common to problems of this nature for my area.
No there is no mirror mounted signal light.
And when I'm turning right signal the reading light is turning on, whether I turning steering ti right or not.
Thank you very much.
Enjoy the weather!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts