Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
hey whats up. Not new here just first post. Hello to all.
I am into 12volt and customization. As for the ride, its a 2008 Avenger 2.4se Lowered with eibach, K&N (modified air box) ***Turbo setup in process. Alpine 10.2" screen molded in the dash with a Kenwood dnx-6960 in the lower dash, JL Audio HD 900/5 amp mounted under my drivers seat, JL audio C5 components in the doors, factory 6x9's in the rear deck, JL w6 in a vented enclousure (straight threw rear deck) Lightly tinted tails, and 8K hids.

The turbo kit will push 16psi however I am going to keep it between 8-10psi. Injectors I am on the hunt for. Im thinking that srt4 Injectors would be the right choice. but I may go bigger.

I would love to bolt up a manual trans to this thing. Again I think SRT4 trans and peddels, but I dont know what the computer will say. I dont want any lights on my dash.

or get a charger........lol that is my quam. or a Mustang...... see what I mean lol

Hey, I was wondering if a bolt on turbo kit was available for the 2.4l avengers would you pay $2,000 bucks for it? a safe 8psi.

·
Registered
124 Posts
its been confirmed that caliber headers bolt up with some work. u find a kit thatll work and u should be good with 8 psi. there are places around that can tune your car to work with it. but be wary that the auto trans would of course get hurt. switching to a manual trans would be extremely expensive, and extremely hard. if you got the funds, time, and patience to, i would love to see it done

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
It seems ur looking to see if theres a market for your turbo kit. Honsetly, I might be interested, but would be more interested in a super.

As for the manual trans, any of the calibers should mount up easily, but then u have to worry about mounting, a craddle, the half shafts, running the everything for the clutch, the ECU, and anything else I'm forgetting.
Also from what I've gathered on the 5-speed manual for the caliber, is it can with stand 300hp+ and has a better overall ratio compared to the 6-speed SRT4 manual. But last gear sux for fuel economy (engine rpms are higher when cruising compared to the 6-speed).

·
Registered
385 Posts
Anyone know a good turbo kit for the 2.4L? Or would it be better to get a SRT-4 Neon motor and build off that?
IIRC the Neon 2.4T and the 2.4 in the Avenger are not the same engine although I could be wrong.

·
Registered
2 Posts
anyone know if this is true? Even if it it would it still be more feasible to swap it in, considering the motor is built for the turbo and its internals are already designed to handle the power. The computer swap is the only problem I see as the SRT-4 is a older car and I dunno if it would still match the Avenger setup

·
Registered
21 Posts
A SRT-4 longblock can be had for $1,500.

Hell, buy a whole SRT-4 for $4,500 take the motor, transmission and ECU out and throw your's in and sell it again for $3,500 as a SXT. Throw the seats in also to the Avenger along with calipers and have a great sleeper.

OR, wait for the SRT-4 Dart that will be AWD and on the same level as an STI.

·
Registered
879 Posts
There isn't a kit but the parts are available. If you want a basic list then let me know. I think there is a thread with them on it. If not I can find them easily.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts