Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know what the current is to the brake light and where the cables are? I am thinking of getting a center mounted top of the window rear led to use as an additional brake light was thinking of a 12v light like the

ls12 or even a whelen slim miser

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
I looked all over for 2008 Avenger wiring diagrams to see if I could help you out, but could not find anything. Hope someone can help you out.

·
Registered
412 Posts
anyone know what the current is to the brake light and where the cables are? I am thinking of getting a center mounted top of the window rear led to use as an additional brake light was thinking of a 12v light like the

ls12 or even a whelen slim miser
Hey Ops, I talked to one of our techs and he warned that the electrical system current is monitored and controlled by the computer and that if you build up to much resistance(adding equipment) the cumputer starts thinking something is wrong. And throws out code faults. As far as wiring diagrams he didn't have time right now to pull it off the computer.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Cars are getting too smart for themselves these days it seems...

·
Registered
565 Posts
That's not always a bad thing. The factory wiring can only support a set amount of voltage. It's a nice way to keep you from melting/shorting and causing a fire.

I installed a set of after market fog lights in my old 1995 dakota. The kit came with a wiring harness. Not long after I installed it, i blew a few bulbs. In checking the wire connectors were black/burnt/chipped. I replaced the included wiring harness with a heavier gauge of wire appropriate connectors and problem solved, no more blowing bulbs or melting/burnt/chipped connectors.

- Dan M

·
Banned
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i ordered my lights. only time they will go on is when the turn signals/brake lights go hot. should be able to handle the 12v current

·
Banned
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
anyone have a diagram of the wiring and such? got the 2 tir3 red whelens and mount just trying to figure out which wire to connect them too

·
Banned
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
got the 2 tir3's mounted on the rear deck. now i am thinking of getting 2 more sets and hook them up for turn signals

1 - 11 of 11 Posts