Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2020 Dodge Avenger from my sister not so long ago. She has constantly had brake problems with her car. She has gotten them replaced twice now and after they started squeaking for the third time she didn’t replace them again. So now the air is mine and my brakes squeak all the time. I am wanting to know all the components of the braking system and perhaps get some links to them. I want to completely change everything brake related to hopefully solve the problem. Besides that, any suggestions? Also, my brake light goes on and off when I am driving.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I bought a 2020 Dodge Avenger from my sister not so long ago. She has constantly had brake problems with her car. She has gotten them replaced twice now and after they started squeaking for the third time she didn’t replace them again. So now the air is mine and my brakes squeak all the time. I am wanting to know all the components of the braking system and perhaps get some links to them. I want to completely change everything brake related to hopefully solve the problem. Besides that, any suggestions? Also, my brake light goes on and off when I am driving.
A 2010*** Dodge Avenger, my bad

·
Premium Member
6,858 Posts
Perhaps if you let the membership here know if your Avenger has 4 wheel disc brakes or front disc with rear drum brakes.
A common problem with rear drum brake models is that the rear brake wheel cylinders corrode and stick in their bore, not allowing the rear shoes to move and do their job. This puts accelerated wear to the front brake pads and therefore faster "wear out".
Also squeaking noises can be caused by bent dust shields and is pretty common on all cars.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perhaps if you let the membership here know if your Avenger has 4 wheel disc brakes or front disc with rear drum brakes.
A common problem with rear drum brake models is that the rear brake wheel cylinders corrode and stick in their bore, not allowing the rear shoes to move and do their job. This puts accelerated wear to the front brake pads and therefore faster "wear out".
Also squeaking noises can be caused by bent dust shields and is pretty common on all cars.
I have 4 wheel disc brakes. I’m trying to find pads and rotors to buy, any suggestions on brands that will last longer?

·
Premium Member
6,858 Posts
Well, for an almost 12 year old vehicle needing a third set of brakes is NOT out of the normal. BUT for the age and if calipers are still the original units, I'd suggest replacing all 4 calipers along with pads AND rotors. rockauto.com has a number of packages and are highly reliable along with very good prices. Try looking them up.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I would also do the flex lines as they can close up internally. Special care must be taken when supporting the caliper while doing work on the pads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts