Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I changed my front brakes going on 3 weeks ago. After I changed them I smelled a hotness. Yes, I know there can be some of that in the break in period, but this was different. Adventually, it went away.
I also use my ebrake, and I don't believe my dad ever used it, it was his car. I have had it only 6 months. It's a 2014 2.4L with only 28k on it.

So, I have been hearing some grinding, serious grinding, and very grabby brake pedal. The grinding goes away, but the pedal stays grabby. I did put the grease on the pins on the caliper that go in those spongy rubber boots.

My pads are ceramic. Autozone talked my into them.

My thought, it could be the ebrake adjuster mechanism sticking? Last night 11/16/22, the guy @ autozone said,"the brake lines might not be working and I should look for a collapsing brake line when pressing on my brake pedal.

Pads on the back of course are still factory. I only changed the front pads, and I did change the front rotors because it did have the sever pulsing when I hit the pedal. That did absolutely go away. But now I got this and I am in the middle of a MAJOR MOVE! And I live in IL.......STINKING COLD!

Any all help will be appreciated. Thanks!
Brian

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
Sounds like something is definitely sticking. Maybe one of the calipers is seizing up or the E brake is sticking. Feel each rim after driving and braking and see if any feel hot to the touch. Does the car roll freely on a slight grade in neutral?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will check and this a terrific idea.....WOW! Thanks. It is winter here and might be kinda hard........I'll let you and everyone else know soon. These forums are the tinkers encyclopedia britanica...showing my age...lol!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok, so the brakes seem to have stopped making noise, but they are still very firm. Firmer than when I put them on, and I have stopped using my ebrake. It has been in the teens here to.
There is no pulling as if a caliper is stuck either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts