Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been doing some research on the Brembo brake setup on the Chrysler 300.. looks like the dual piston setup on the 2014 Chrysler 300 shares the same dual piston Caliper as the upgraded Avenger.. what am i missing by upgrading to the Brembo style calipers?

·
Registered
209 Posts
If the new Brembo is a dual piston caliper, your paying for the name.....
Single piston good
Dual piston better
three piston even better
4 piston even better.....
It's all clamping force.....the more pistons, the better the clamping force and with more pistons its spread over a larger surface area Vs a single piston

·
Registered
2008 Chrysler Sebring 2.4L
55 Posts
Bigger brakes are just for show unless you're driving them hard enough to put the proper amount of heat into them.

Sure, larger diameter equals more leverage... more pistons... blah, blah, blah... it's all just BS posturing if they aren't seeing heat. Could actually be worse than stock if those big brakes aren't heating up. And they aren't going to heat up with the same vehicle being driven the same way as before... unless you were dangerously cooking your stock brakes from the way you drive.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I did the 340mm front and 302mm rear brake upgrade on my Avenger and it was definitely worth it! It stops so much better than stock and it has no brake fade like my factory R/T brakes had. I daily drive my car and I have proven the brake upgrade works at Chryslers @ Carlisle on the AutoX course. With the 340/302 upgrade, its a major improvement for everyone wether its a daily driver, spirited driver, autoX driver, etc...etc.....
You can do the upgrade cheaply using Amazon ordered brakes, Using local parts store brakes, or even high end brakes......
Over all, in the end, this is probably the best performance upgrade when it comes to stopping power especially on the V6 cars....

·
Registered
797 Posts
I did the 340mm front and 302mm rear brake upgrade on my Avenger and it was definitely worth it! It stops so much better than stock and it has no brake fade like my factory R/T brakes had. I daily drive my car and I have proven the brake upgrade works at Chryslers @ Carlisle on the AutoX course. With the 340/302 upgrade, its a major improvement for everyone wether its a daily driver, spirited driver, autoX driver, etc...etc.....
You can do the upgrade cheaply using Amazon ordered brakes, Using local parts store brakes, or even high end brakes......
Over all, in the end, this is probably the best performance upgrade when it comes to stopping power especially on the V6 cars....
What did you do for the rear brakes?

·
Registered
209 Posts
The SRT Caliber 302mm rear brakes, the only thing I had to purchase was the caliper brackets and it offset the factory caliper enough to fit the 302mm rotors :)

·
Registered
5,103 Posts
Thanks for sharing, very helpful for members wanting to do the conversion.

·
Registered
797 Posts
The SRT Caliber 302mm rear brakes, the only thing I had to purchase was the caliper brackets and it offset the factory caliper enough to fit the 302mm rotors :)
Hmmmm got a part number by chance?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts