Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from the U.K

Just ordered my Avenger SXT 2.0TDI, was just wondering if someone could help me, im looking on net for some xenon bulbs for the headlights, does anyone know which type are fitted in them.

Thanks!

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
They sell xenon bulbs that are not HID as well. This site has most common ones. http://www.lightbulbs4cars.com/site/1567293/page/788235
Low beam is 9006. High beam is 9005.
I was going to say, I bought xenon bulbs before w/ that bluish tint but I had to use harnesses because the wattage or voltage or something was exceptionally high and it would fry your factory harnesses....they actually worked pretty much like hid's, where up close they were true white and from far they had the bluish tint...I don't think they were as bright as hid's though.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I was going to say, I bought xenon bulbs before w/ that bluish tint but I had to use harnesses because the wattage or voltage or something was exceptionally high and it would fry your factory harnesses....they actually worked pretty much like hid's, where up close they were true white and from far they had the bluish tint...I don't think they were as bright as hid's though.

I wish we could have had hids as an option on this car. :/

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Sorry to stir old soup so to speak :p

Where do you guys recommend getting bulbs from. I noticed the other night, the license plate bulb is warm white color (standard lightbulb color) as well as the glove box and vanity mirrors and trunk...Yet I have the white LED's as my main interior lights so it looks stupid lol

Seems the trunk bulb is not very common and is available but I don't really care about that one since the trunk is rarely opened and the visor led's are currently "being produced"

I searched a couple websites to order the 168/194 bulbs but they don't look very safe to enter in a credit card lol - they also don't offer the 9005/9006 bulbs (xenon) and I would like to order all bulbs from one place...any recommendations?

Also while I'm on the subject, not sure if you guys ever experienced it (as it was in an older car of mine), but I switched to the xenon bulbs once and it melted the factory bulb plugs, probably from the high heat...but this was like...before HID when Xenon was huge lol - do you guys think the factory harnesses now can handle the xenon bulbs? I was nervous when I had my strat so I bought harnesses, but checking around they aren't cheap anymore $20/pair, and seem to primarily used when converting your headlights to JDM....

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Seems the trunk bulb is not very common and is available but I don't really care about that one since the trunk is rarely opened and the visor led's are currently "being produced".
Great. One more reason I should have gotten the R/T. :) I don't think I even have a light in the trunk in my SXT. :) I'll have to check again - only opened it once at night, it may just be burned out or something.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Great. One more reason I should have gotten the R/T. :) I don't think I even have a light in the trunk in my SXT. :) I'll have to check again - only opened it once at night, it may just be burned out or something.
LOL Do you have the interior LED's? The trunk just ruins them...especially if you fold the seats down, the trunk illuminates more light than the LED's lololol...if you want to make your interior look really ugly, open the vanity mirrors so those lights are on, open the glovebox, fold the seats, then turn your interior lights on...it looks like they were confused on what to do with lighting lol

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
With 3K my car will be lit up like Christmas. lol
I'll have neon lites inside and out, like your Kia Benzo. lol
LOL Man, you can't "diss" the Kia Benzo...lol

In all seriousness, I actually drove by the Kia Dealer and was looking for their Benzo's...but didn't see any...must be a hot ticket lol

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I just picked up my kia benzo this afternoon...I dunno what yall are talking about!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts