Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello couldn't figure out where to put this topic so i thought id put it here.

1.So since the day i bought my 2.4 SXT Avenger its lower bumper grill hasn't fit quite well. Anybody has had the same issue? seems crazy that holes in bumper are a lot bigger than the plastic grill trim that supposed to cover those holes. Here's few pictures to help to understand what i'm talking about. Any thoughts?

2.Today i took my Avenger to the service check and they said my oil pan was rusted and needed to replace so question is, is there a oil pan gasket or does it just have some kind of silicone around it? If it indeed have oil pan gasket where could i find one cheap and shipped to Finland fast?

Thank you for your help. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
I've never seen that before so not sure. Maybe the grilles or the bumper cover were not installed properly after a collision? If there was a collision at some point, the parts could have been replaced with a lower quality aftermarket part?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've never seen that before so not sure. Maybe the grilles or the bumper cover were not installed properly after a collision? If there was a collision at some point, the parts could have been replaced with a lower quality aftermarket part?
Well yes the bumper has been replaced after one of previous owners collision. Just wondering how aftermarket bumper still could be so much different even it looks just like original. But not sure if it's OEM or not. Guess not. Well when summer arrives i think i'm goin' to buy some aftermarket honeycomb grill, which i cut in shape and stick it in place with hot glue gun, if i'm not able to attach it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I accidentally wrote accessory belt in the thread name, even it has nothing to to with this subject. Sorry to mislead, my bad.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
No problem, it's all good.
Good idea about the aftermarket grille.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Well i fixed the bumper grill few weeks ago. I had to cut it in to 3 pieces, but it's fine now. Today i noticed something i haven't ever noticed before. Have you guys noticed that there are two different type of front bumpers on 2008 Avengers? I was surfing in the internet looking what kind Avengers are for sale here in Finland and most of them have much longer front bumper than mine. (it's more square) Well i'm glad i have this shorter one it's much sportier. I was wondering if they made different bumpers for Euro-model. Check it out! Look closely the bumper shape under the headlight.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct...enU_UNpYNEEXGgq4hULw50Xg&ust=1461328486525755
http://carreviewsandnews.com/images/2008dodgeavenger/2008dodgeavenger2.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Well with my Bifocals on , looks like you are on the right track as to U.S. verses Euro. spec. As I do not believe they changed bumper design here for a few years. Is it warming up any over there yet?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey it's not always cold here :D now it's around 37 degrees fahrenheit. Believe or not we do have 78 degrees fahrenheit in summer.
I wonder why did they made different front bumper for Europe models. It's too bulky. I have always wondered why US models looked so much better, now i know why. The rear bumper too seems to be a little bit different. US models seems to have more narrow license plate place + of course they don't have rear fog lights.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Well every time we chatted ,you said it was FREEZING out. lol Probably to keep the"look" the same front to rear due to the rear euro fog light requirement. Sons /wife's neon went on the road last night, happy for them,SAD for me .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts