Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to take my 2012 Dodge Avenger back (without the alarm going off) but I don't have the wireless entry but I have the transponder key. Can anyone out there lock there car with the keyless entry and then use the key to open the drivers door and start the car and tell me if the alarm goes off? If it does could you retry but turn the key to the left (lock position) then unlock the car and see if that works. I recently had a heart attack and just want to take back one of the two vehicles the wife took while I was hospitalized near death so I can make my doctor appointments. My car is a 2012 Dodge Avenger. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Tried it tonight.
If the alarm is set, unlocking the key in the door does nothing to the alarm.
Turing the key in one direction unlocks the door turning it the other direction locks it. (no alarm until you open the door).
Trying to lock an already locked door does nothing.
Turned the key back and forth a few times. The alarm light on the dash keeps flashing.

Good luck trying to steal your own car. :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
I believe once you start the car all will be back to normal until you set the alarm again.
My experience is that the alarm will sound for several minutes even with the car running. It does eventually stop.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Does anybody else find it rather WEIRD that One can not unlock the car With the Proper key without the car screaming its head off?
Can't figure that out....
Guess I'll have to swing by the local Dodge Dealer and ask Them why it does that.
Doc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts