Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Se model 2014
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like it to be at least 230hp but settle for 200hp it stock 2.4 2014 n 176hp 120mph top speed馃槖 looking to at least keep up with its superiors sxt n srt brothers "stocked" any tips i wana put flow monster on it check it out might be great for our avengers get muscle sound like u it meant to.

Premium Member
There are not a lot of performance parts out there for the 2.4 for "bolt on" gains to to that level even if all were combined. Turboing is showing way to costly and time consuming for most folk that ask the same question here.
Swapping to the 3.6 is possible with a complete donor car right with you, as there will need the complete engine harness/ECM, cooling hoses and components and A/C lines to swap over to work. Then there is the trans question, does yours have the 62TE(6 spd) that the 3.6 uses?
AND the cars are computer governed for 120mph and very few "tuners" will override that setting for liability reasons. You have a 2.4, love it for what it is with rear exhaust upgrades, OR sell and buy a V6 model.

Registered
Se model 2014
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are not a lot of performance parts out there for the 2.4 for "bolt on" gains to to that level even if all were combined. Turboing is showing way to costly and time consuming for most folk that ask the same question here.
Swapping to the 3.6 is possible with a complete donor car right with you, as there will need the complete engine harness/ECM, cooling hoses and components and A/C lines to swap over to work. Then there is the trans question, does yours have the 62TE(6 spd) that the 3.6 uses?
AND the cars are computer governed for 120mph and very few "tuners" will override that setting for liability reasons. You have a 2.4, love it for what it is with rear exhaust upgrades, OR sell and buy a V6 model.
Thx so much was just thinking doing exhaust n leave it be i like my car as is speed beat some ricers dont matter as long sounds good

Registered
Your avenger only goes 120????? lol JK

Registered
Do you know something I don't? Or am I wrong about speed governed. OR with your particular "tune" on yours that that was "tuned out"??
No
It was just a bad joke. Mine only does 120.

Reactions: 5rebel9
1 - 6 of 6 Posts