Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks

2007 UK Avenger CRD driver door won鈥檛 open, tried all sorts and got nowhere, happened after heavy rain Monday which is interesting, any tips/jacks that can help me get it open?

Premium Member
Rather than offer REPEAT "sorts"that you may have already tried, PLEASE tell us what you did try for getting some good "tips" on fixing the problem.
Does it open with the inside handle?
I belive both inner and outer handles connect to the door latch via cables. they may have disconnected/broken, only way I know to get at them is to remove the inner door trim panel AND the inner panel that holds the window regulator.
There should be some you tube videos on how to remove thede with doing a google search.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey 5rebel9

it doesn鈥檛 open from the inside or outside, I have to access via the passenger door and climb onto the drivers seat.

Mon the UK models there is no key lock 馃攼 on the drivers door just the passenger side which is a bizarre design.

I have tried different key fobs, fuses, all combination of locking opening procedures, I haven鈥檛 taken off the door panel, it might not be possible todo that without being able to get the door open?

Premium Member
Hey 5rebel9

it doesn鈥檛 open from the inside or outside, I have to access via the passenger door and climb onto the drivers seat.

Mon the UK models there is no key lock 馃攼 on the drivers door just the passenger side which is a bizarre design.

I have tried different key fobs, fuses, all combination of locking opening procedures, I haven鈥檛 taken off the door panel, it might not be possible todo that without being able to get the door open?
There have been a number of postings by your fellow UK members of this problem here, can't say that any posted just what they ended up doing.
While extremely difficult, it is not impossible with the door closed to get the panels off, yes some panel damage MAY happen. Sme posts I think stated of the hassle of removing the seat to get some "working room".
If you are not that mechanically inclined, you may be better off finding an auto body shop to do the needed fix for you.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I eventually got most of the door panel off however there鈥檚 nothing I can see that enables me to unlock the door (it鈥檚 been jammed shut for 2 weeks) any ideas?
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Automotive tire

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Trunk Motor vehicle

Premium Member
/in with all those cables and rods of the white plastic housing you should CAREFULLY try and move levers they attach to to get the lock and release pawls to move to open the door. A spay of all that latch unit with a good penetrating/lubricating oil will help free things up. NOT a quick or easy task, but you've made real progress so far!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey 5rebel9

tried messing with it for hours now, sprayed with WD40/silicone spray, nothing working鈥.I suspect the lock itself has just collapsed inside or similar?
All my central locking etc is functioning as normal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts