Car alarm suddenly going off

Discussion in 'Pre 2007 Dodge Avenger General Discussion' started by Chrono, May 12, 2018.

1. Chrono

Chrono Member Military

Media:
    So my 97 ES suddenly has a functioning car alarm. And every time I unlock the door with the key, the alarm goes off.

I pulled every fuse, no dice.

So, what now? I can yank the horn relay to shut it up, and I can start and drive it.

But I want to fix it. Will I need a key fob remote? I don't have one as is.

2. 5rebel9

5rebel9 Active Member Site Supporter Level 1 Military

Media:
    Albums:
    I am in the same boat with you about not having fobs for our coupe. It happened ONCE to my wife. It is a matter of the SEQUENCE used while locking the car. I found it in the owners book. If I remember correctly(will look it up again later) do not lock it from the passengers side power lock switch before the ignition is off and drivers door opened.
    Not sure of exactly how your situation has arisen, but I know it has not happened to ours since. And when it did happen, I do believe that she put the key back in and started the car to shut the alarm off. BUSY weekend here as yesterday was my daughters Masters Degree graduation and TODAY is MOTHERS DAY! So it may not be till later that I can respond more fully....BREAK OUT the EAR PLUGS till then!!!...LOL:eek:;)

Chrono likes this.
  3. Intrepid

Intrepid Active Member MOTM Winner!

Media:

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    Chrono likes this.
  4. Chrono

Chrono Member Military

Media:

Excellent and thank you both. To keep it from acting up overnight, I disconnected the battery, and it didn't go off today.

So I'm going to look into the key fob deal

Intrepid likes this.