Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going through a drive thru, when out of no where my car stops moving. The car was still on, and the engine would rev but it would not move. I drove it 10 mins to this location and was going around a sharp turn. I put it into reverse hoping to back out of the drive thru but even then it would not do anything. However, after turning the car off and back on it drove again. I drove it home and it seemed to drive ok. It is driving fine now. However I do not know if this is something that needs to be looked at. Anyone able to help?

·
Premium Member
6,682 Posts
A year and engine size would be VERY HELPFUL to offer you any insight. Mileage on the "car" and any recent maint done beyond the normal oil change would help also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I recently bought the car so I am not sure on maintenance. The car itself has 103,000 miles on it and it is a 3.6L v6 with the 6 speed auto

·
Premium Member
6,682 Posts
There is no trans oil dipstick to be able to "normal" check trans oil level(many make cars are doing the same) but a shop should know the procedure for doing so. From your posting, it sounds like the trans oil level is low.
Also helpful to know if the Check Engine Light has turned on when it's being driven. IF so go to a parts store like autozone and have the computer scanned for codes and post those code(s) numbers here for further meaningful suggestions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Their is no check engine light on the car itself. This has only happened once, is this something that needs to be looked at right away or is it fine unless the issue happens again.

·
Premium Member
6,682 Posts
Do you have a shop that you use for servicing your current or past vehicle(s)? Give them a call and see about getting it in to have the trans oil level checked. Driving with low trans oil will give the symptoms you describe AND left unchecked and if low will damage the transmission...BIG COST.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do not have a shop, it would be nice. However, after watching multiple videos on youtube i found out that your oil dip stick works with the transmission fluid, 5-15 mm cold on the dip stick is normal level for the transmission fluid, i have not checked mine yet, but i plan on it tom. If it is not low is their any other ideas that you could think of that could have cause that?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts