Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I have a 2013 Avenger 3.6L automatic. No check engine light on. But when I accelerate, the will shudder, sometimes violently, depending on how hard I push on the gas pedal. If I am going anything above 60 mph the the car shakes constantly and in a rhythm. My rpms always spike up between 2nd and 3rd, almost like its slipping. My avenger have no trans dipstick, so I can't check my fluid. I want to say its my torque converter, the way it shudders, but i really can't be sure. Anyone else have the same issue?

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Sounds like a worn CV joint. Definitely get your trans fluid check periodically. You can search on the forum for how to make your own.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello guys,

I have a 2013 Avenger 3.6L automatic. No check engine light on. But when I accelerate, the will shudder, sometimes violently, depending on how hard I push on the gas pedal. If I am going anything above 60 mph the the car shakes constantly and in a rhythm. My rpms always spike up between 2nd and 3rd, almost like its slipping. My avenger have no trans dipstick, so I can't check my fluid. I want to say its my torque converter, the way it shudders, but i really can't be sure. Anyone else have the same issue?
When i first bought my avenger, I had the same issue, but not when accelerating. When i went above 60MPH, there was a constant shake, like you said as being as some sort of rhythm. I changed all of my rotors, brake pads, and changed out the rear calipers. That fixed it for me, but i never had the issue when accelerating. Maybe thats one thing you could check since there is no engine light on? I'd also check your tires too, they could be worn on one side and or have a knot in them.

Hope this helps!

Cameron DiMarco

1 - 4 of 4 Posts