Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone i just bought my second car which is a 2008 dodge avenger, but i seem to be having a few issues:(.Most of the time when i get in my car and start it the car seems to be stuck in limp mode it wont go pass first gear and the indicator lights dont work which let me know if im in P,D,R,N,Etc usually after i sit in the car for about for 5mins of just waiting the car starts working normally indicator lights and all and the car shifts and drives smoothly. I took my car to auto-zone and have them to scan my car and these were the codes i got.
U0101,P0700,P0606,P0562,P0882.Ive looked at all the connections running from my tcm everything seems to look find i couldn't find any corded wires or anything. The thing i noticed is that when its really cold outside the car cranks up with no cel and drives perfectly it like i only get problems when its a little warm outside. lol this problem is driving me crazy i didnt wanna buy a new ecu unless i needed not sure if thats the problem any helps or ideals? cause im stumped:confused: Im thinking maybe i should just try replacing the battery first then maybe a new tcm or ecu if necessary

·
Premium Member
6,301 Posts
Congrats on going into an Avenger for a second car! please make an introduction of yourself on the Newbie Check in Page. As to your posted problem, engine size and mileage would be helpful for us to know. Thanks for posting the trouble codes so we can start investigating where these lead to for our active membership to try and assist you. Welcome to the Forumz!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Best decision ever i just love this car heck of alot better than my first car:) and will do. and its 2.4L and it has 98000 miles on it

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
First step would be to determine age of the battery since one of the error codes indicates low voltage. There are also several codes dealing with the TCM. Check the TPIM to see if all connections are good.

·
Registered
10 Posts
First step would be to determine age of the battery since one of the error codes indicates low voltage. There are also several codes dealing with the TCM. Check the TPIM to see if all connections are good.

Had several codes in mine. Dodge dealer told me PCM was bad. Replaced on my own. Still had limp in mode and a few transmission codes including 882. Also had low voltage codes. Had dodge dealer scan with TIPM scanner and they said it was bad. Ended up replacing TIPM myself. Been driving for several weeks and all is good. I’d personally start with the TIPM. Got mine at o’Reilly. It’s a Dorman. I have SXT 2.4

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for such the late replies been kinda busy with school but yea i took you guys advice went on and replaced the TIPM but sadly it fix the problem. The good news is im only getting two codes now P0606,P0882, so im thinking the ecu on the car is bad i think im gonna take it to the dealer and see what they have to say if it is the ecu ill replace it on my own seems like a pretty straight forward job just gotta order one already programmed

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had several codes in mine. Dodge dealer told me PCM was bad. Replaced on my own. Still had limp in mode and a few transmission codes including 882. Also had low voltage codes. Had dodge dealer scan with TIPM scanner and they said it was bad. Ended up replacing TIPM myself. Been driving for several weeks and all is good. I’d personally start with the TIPM. Got mine at o’Reilly. It’s a Dorman. I have SXT 2.4
Did you have to give the vin when you replaced the tips? Ive heard you are suppose to, although autozone never asked for it when I went to order one

1 - 8 of 8 Posts