Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
not a big carbon fan but i do like the fact that more and more aftermarket parts are coming available for our car,, good find.

·
Registered
701 Posts
:smiley_thumbs_up: :smileup: :SHOCKED: sick!!! i soo want one of this , makes ur car lighter :D

·
Registered
828 Posts
That is awesome! Totally! I'd buy that for sure!
It isn't keeping the metal frame on the back side. Totally CF! That's the one to get!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Sphinx, kik [email protected]@ find, if and when i can give u rep ur gettin it, time to pull out the credit card TODAY!!!!!!!. thanx sphinx

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
It looks nice. Makes me happy I have a black car. Might look well enough even non-painted. Of course I'll never have the cash to get one, but its ok to dream. :)

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^ Yeah, I was thinking the same thing too. As soon as I find one with a scoop, I will let you all know! I look several times a day for this stuff... I have found out that you have to put in several different phrases into the search bar for eBay to find them all.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I wish they would get rid of the 2 lines that run down the hood and put a scoop!!!

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
If I were 20 years younger, that would be on my Brilliant Black in a second.
It is just a little too radical of a mod for my taste now.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
They need to build a shaker hood for te avenger

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I relly was gonna order this but i have decided to wait for one that has a scoop on it, or wait for the shaker scoop to come out...

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
i like the shaker idea... especially if its fiunctional
How would a shaker hood even work on a car when the engine is perpendicular to the road and not parallel to it. The shaker portion would just move fore and aft compared to side to side. I think the style would be cool but idk if the functionality would work.

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well the shaker hood concept could work if you can redirect the air properly. if you run your air over particularly hot spots in your engine, this may effect the performance of the shaker hood, but I still think it would be better than what is already there. The bends would be the main concern, as you don't want a maze for the air to travel down. This may cause drag, and perhaps even some unwanted pressure build up.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Well the shaker hood concept could work if you can redirect the air properly. if you run your air over particularly hot spots in your engine, this may effect the performance of the shaker hood, but I still think it would be better than what is already there. The bends would be the main concern, as you don't want a maze for the air to travel down. This may cause drag, and perhaps even some unwanted pressure build up.
This is a nice concept but this is obtained by a hood with a scoop. A real shaker hood attaches to the engine and directs the air into the carburator or in our case the intake box. I love shaker hoods but for our application it would appear that it would only be a scoop. I agree that the scoop could maximize the air flow over specific hot spots that would help cool them and aid in the performance but the matter still stands, how would the "shaker" part work and would it look right on the Avenger compared to the Charger?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts