Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2013 dodge avenger with the 2.4 vvt and dodge wants to do a recall for the catalytic converter. All I want to know is why they were recalled and if I get the recall done if it will make my car slower since more restriction of the exhaust. And would removing the muffler give it some decent sound without pissing off the neighbors.

·
Premium Member
6,613 Posts
The topic of your post has been well discussed on a number of member postings. INCLUDING the notices of WHY it is being done. I suggest you look them up and read them.
As far as your question to a new cat harming what exhaust performance you currently have...It will NOT negatively affect anything, and may actually improve things due to "cleaner catalyst" from build up from the originals miles of use.

Also there are many muffler questions for the 2.4 motored Avengers well discussed and what they sound like posted in the forum pages...again look them up and see how each of the many possibilities has worked out. Removing the muffler and going straight pipe is CERTAIN to upset some people for noise levels, depending on how you "play with the go pedal when around those type people.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts