Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I girlfriend has a 2010 Avenger SXT 2.4l, ED3 type B VIN. It has ~237k miles and we have had it for about 6 months. Not long after, we got the ETC light (red lightning bolt) on dash when it was cold and it would occasionally die on her.

Then started getting codes about a month ago, first one was for crank position sensor, and P0300, and a couple others that I don't remember right now, I changed the CPS and the codes went away. I also changed the intake manifold gasket, the o-rings for spark plugs, cleaned the throttle body, new air filter, and topped off fluids.

Last week the P0301 code showed up, it flashes, but only sometimes, it runs rough at low rpms and has died on her once. The engine is making a tapping sound that seems to be from the top end, which isn't the major concern right now. I checked the spark plug gap but went ahead and changed the spark plugs even though they looked fine but were all a bit ashy, I have tested resistance on fuel injectors and they all read 12.2 ohms and one is 12.4 ohms, not enough to warrant changing them. I have swapped around the ignition coils and the codes did not follow.. I'm not sure what the next step to take is and am closing in on a dead it, it feels.

I am leaning towards it being a fuel sending issue and was going to change the fuel filter, which apparently it is built into the fuel pump. At this point I am just trying to find out the conditions at which the CEL begins to flash. The light stays solid when first started, but when in idle I held the rpms at ~2000 for a few seconds and the light begins to flash, I let off and wait about 5-6 seconds and the light goes back to solid.

This is my first time posting here, I'm trying to give as much information as possible in order to get the best advice that's possible without having the car in front of you. What tests can I do to narrow down the issue, what could be the possible things causing this misfire? I'm at a loss, please send help stat..

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts